RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2019, 09:49 PM   #1

Side Trips

I laid out my 2 month cross country trip. For each destination I first put the campground and how many nights. I then added all the side trips which will be in the toad. Itís all good except the mileage calculations are all screwy. Is there some way to change the mileage for all the side trips to zero? Or is there some other way to do it? I like having all the info in one trip, itís not a big deal but it would be nice to have the mileage correct to plan for fuel stops.

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2019, 09:11 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark99 View Post
I laid out my 2 month cross country trip. For each destination I first put the campground and how many nights. I then added all the side trips which will be in the toad. Itís all good except the mileage calculations are all screwy. Is there some way to change the mileage for all the side trips to zero? Or is there some other way to do it? I like having all the info in one trip, itís not a big deal but it would be nice to have the mileage correct to plan for fuel stops.

Thanks
I do two different things. First is I maintain two separate files for any long and involved trip. One is a CG only file, the second is the same file, but with all the additional stops included. Basically I create the latter file first and then copy it and rename it. In this new file, I just delete any stop that isn't a CG or enroute gas stop. The other thing you can do on long stays with multiple side trips from the same location is to put your 1st day at a CG before your side trips and the last however many days there after. That way your travel miles stay from CG to CG. Might seem like a lot of work to some, but I like tinkering with our trip plans. Hope this is helpful.

Mike8253 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
I do two different things. First is I maintain two separate files for any long and involved trip. One is a CG only file, the second is the same file, but with all the additional stops included. Basically I create the latter file first and then copy it and rename it. In this new file, I just delete any stop that isn't a CG or enroute gas stop. The other thing you can do on long stays with multiple side trips from the same location is to put your 1st day at a CG before your side trips and the last however many days there after. That way your travel miles stay from CG to CG. Might seem like a lot of work to some, but I like tinkering with our trip plans. Hope this is helpful.

Thanks for the reply. I kind of like the idea of adding the campground again after the side trips. Iíll play around with that tomorrow.

Thanks Again.