Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2018, 10:01 AM   #1

Trip wizard - deleting highlighted routes

Signed up for Trip Wizard, seems to be very good planner.

Having an issue that is probably an easy fix I just can't find it.

When I click on the new trip button to start a new trip, when I enter my house as my start point, I get the routes from my last trip showing up, without even picking my first stop. How do I delete these routes. I am not adding to that trip, the left side menu only shows my house address. Couldn't find anything under settings or preferences to remove them

Thanks
Dougjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2018, 11:38 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
I am also new to RV trip wizard and having the same problem. Lots of views but no one is suggesting a solution
Old 01-14-2018, 05:06 AM   #3

I had trouble with old routes not clearing. I logged out completely and logged back. Seemed to help.
Jthigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 05:15 AM   #4

I just sent a bug report to Trip Wizard.
Jthigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:56 AM   #5

Yep. This is a small intermittent bug. I reported it a few weeks ago. And John's solution (log out and back in) seems to clear it.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:13 PM   #6
RVTW

The fix for this issue has been coded. We are going to release it this coming week. Sorry for the inconvenience.
FreeLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:14 AM   #7

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Still happening

Just wanted to report that, two years later, this bug still exists. I just went to create a new route and my (extensive) previous route automatically loaded. I’m going to try the log out/in method now ... although we really shouldn’t have to do that, should we?
54bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:07 AM   #8
Trip Wizard Support

Question

What browser & operating system are you using?

I can replicate the issue.
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLunch View Post
The fix for this issue has been coded. We are going to release it this coming week. Sorry for the inconvenience.
FreeLunch,

When opening a new trip, sometimes the itinerary (stops) of the previous trip are left as artifacts on the map. This is still occurring - saw it this morning.

Mike
Old 01-12-2019, 10:33 PM   #10
RVTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGriffin View Post
FreeLunch,

When opening a new trip, sometimes the itinerary (stops) of the previous trip are left as artifacts on the map. This is still occurring - saw it this morning.

Mike
Mike - What browser / OS were you using? Any idea of what steps might be done to reproduce it?
FreeLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:40 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLunch View Post
Mike - What browser / OS were you using? Any idea of what steps might be done to reproduce it?
Using Chrome on Windows 10.

I tried duplicating it yesterday by switching from one trip to another, letting it timeout between trips, and letting the computer go to sleep (and then waking and changing trips). Each time, it worked fine.

The next time it happens, I'll try to see if I can duplicate it. Maybe there's a hint of a resolution that signing out and back in clears it. Something is being held in the user's session.

To others reading this thread, let me say that software issues like this are very hard to debug. It's great that if this bothers you in any way, there's a workaround by signing out and back in. It just takes time. (I retired after 35 years as a software engineer and had quite a few of these intermittent issues over the years!)

Tags
light, trip wizard