Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #1

2000 Arctic Fox 22H vs 2004 Nash 22H

We've been reading articles online and wandering around at RV shows over the past 18 months and we've decided the Northwood 22H trailer is what we want.

I'll be looking at two trailers this week that are for sale. One is a 2000 Arctic Fox 22H and the other is a 2004 Nash 22H. The asking price is the same for both trailers. The AF has smooth sides where the Nash does not.

Does anyone know if there are any major structural or mechanical differences between the 2000 AF and 2004 Nash model years?

What should I be looking for between these two trailers?

Are there options that would make one better than the other?

Those who own or have owned a AF or Nash 22H, what features/options are the most important in your opinion?

Thanks for any feedback or advice you can give me.

Kevin
salemjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #2

We have an 2004 ArticFox 29V. The trailer is amazing. Solid, good insulation. Our understanding is the Articfox is one step above the Nash. But both are good units. Would buy another in a heart beat.
Good Luck you will be happy with either one
JohnWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWW View Post
We have an 2004 ArticFox 29V. The trailer is amazing. Solid, good insulation. Our understanding is the Articfox is one step above the Nash. But both are good units. Would buy another in a heart beat.
Good Luck you will be happy with either one
We would love a AF 30U.. How is Northwood (?) on warranty issues??
Thanks
Dan
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #4

Try looking for the forum AFNASH.com. They report very good warranty service. The AF series has had some issues with delamination on the plastic skin but there may be maintenance issues. Call the factory and ask. The AF is generally a higher end unit than the Nash. Made by Northwood Mfg in Oregon.
Terry Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had the 22H and pulled it throughout the west and part of Canada. Excellent trailer.

I sold it to a friend and they used it a couple years and upgraded to the Arctic Fox fifth wheel. Both of us disliked the bed arrangement as you have to crawl over the other person.

Other than that it's a great trailer and if I was to ever go back to a trailer Northwood would have my business.

The Arctic Fox has better insulation.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Jay View Post
Try looking for the forum AFNASH.com. They report very good warranty service. The AF series has had some issues with delamination on the plastic skin but there may be maintenance issues. Call the factory and ask. The AF is generally a higher end unit than the Nash. Made by Northwood Mfg in Oregon.

Definately check out the AFNASH.com site. Here's a link to the brochures they have available:

Northwood RV Owners Association Downloads Area

They have the 2000 & 2004 brochures available for download so you can compare the features of both units.

I've owned both AF & Nash, currently a Nash 22H and don't feel I'm missing anything. I think the Arctic Foxes are just a little more fancy.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #7

Thanks for the brochure information. I downloaded both years.
salemjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #8

Our Nash is a 22H bought it new in 1996. The only problem I've had was the wires to and from the inverter came loose after a very bumpy road (8 miles of washboard dirt)
about a year after getting it. Now just some minor maint. items. I would buy another 22 H if something happened to this one. Joe
Old 10-14-2012, 12:36 AM   #9

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks!!
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #10

does anybody own an artic fox 25R. any news on this unit would help - good or bad - also what type of tow vehicles are being used to tow this size unit. ted
ted drower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #11

I have a 2008 artic fox 30 u pricy but love it but it is tongue heavy 1200 lbs
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote