RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:53 AM   #15

In terms of weigh, all manufactures use different standards vs putting the rig on a scale. Most RV'ers tend to ignore this as well as the speed ratings on their tires.

I loaded mine up and went and had it weighed..including the pin weight. I wanted to set the air pressures on my TV and having the actual weight on all axles is the key.

There is a lot of "group think" on the Northwood Owners Assoc. web site.

Sorry to hear of your build quality. Even the RV company that occasionally works on ours cannot get over the quality of our rig.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2018, 10:31 AM   #16

It's easy to see the weights before you buy. All RV's have a weight sticker. A simple phone call to the dealer would solve that. Or if you're on the lot you can see it yourself.
I only use the brochure advertised weights to get in the ball park. The final decision needs to be based on the actual weight sticker.
FWIW the DW and I were at a local RV show at the end of last year. There were several AF 5th wheels there. All had higher weights or lower CCC as a result than what the brochures say. Pin weights were 4-500 lbs heavier. And no gens were installed.
NW does need to update it's site. They still have my 2013 weights listed for the Fox Mountain for their 2018 units. Upon looking at the weight sticker at that RV show it seems that the 2018 FM's were much heavier or they changed something that caused the CCC to be about 1500 lbs less. 4300lbs down to 2800lbs.

Cumminsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:29 AM   #17

Some companies weight before certain stuff is installed but that is irrelevant.

The actual weight of your trailer is after you pile all your stuff into it..and if you not uing that weight to decide on your tv or tire pressures...then you are fooling yourself especially if you are running into very tight tolerances with your TV.

Folks also forget .. then is is important when you are on the line wit the towing capacity of your tv.. that when you slam the brakes on, there is a lot of extra weight transferred to the tv from the trailer..

I don't trust brochures nor stickers. I do trust a properly set up weight scale.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:04 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post
Some companies weight before certain stuff is installed but that is irrelevant.

The actual weight of your trailer is after you pile all your stuff into it..and if you not uing that weight to decide on your tv or tire pressures...then you are fooling yourself especially if you are running into very tight tolerances with your TV.

Folks also forget .. then is is important when you are on the line wit the towing capacity of your tv.. that when you slam the brakes on, there is a lot of extra weight transferred to the tv from the trailer..

I don't trust brochures nor stickers. I do trust a properly set up weight scale.
Northwood MFG weighs their trailers after everything's added. The final sticker you see is the true weight as it leaves the factory. UVW, CCC, pin/TW

I'm 100% sure that not all MFG adhere to that pattern.
Cumminsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #19

[QUOTE=Cumminsfan;4400867]Northwood MFG weighs their trailers after everything's added. The final sticker you see is the true weight as it leaves the factory. UVW, CCC, pin/TW

The only true way you will ever know your rigs weigh and what it is at the pin is to weigh it when it is fully loaded. I do0n't run with full tanks but that is also a variable. Anything else is guessing and putting a lot of trust into the company..but I do agree with you comment when the rig is pulled out of northwood's shop.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:34 AM   #20

This discussion began as a question from the OP regarding the 27-5L vs. the 29-5T. It has wanndered and morphed, as so many do, into other areas. Just thought I would point this out and maybe we could return to the OP's question.
RussOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:35 AM   #21
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Have a look at the ORV 5 th wheel....I believe Arctic Fox and ORV use the same frame and suspense...as well as identical fridge,window manufacturer, oven and stove manufacture, door manufacturer. You could say they are almost identical except for the out side decals and the name.
Maybe the quality of the manufacturering are the same as well.
Lots of options out their.
Good luck with your process
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:12 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
Have a look at the ORV 5 th wheel....I believe Arctic Fox and ORV use the same frame and suspense...as well as identical fridge,window manufacturer, oven and stove manufacture, door manufacturer. You could say they are almost identical except for the out side decals and the name.
Maybe the quality of the manufacturering are the same as well.
Lots of options out their.
Good luck with your process

Northwood owns OVR.