Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2018, 09:50 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Arctic Fox Silver Fox 28F

we are seriously considering trading from an ORV 28ft 5'r to the AF 28f. Just wondering if anyone who owns one can offer pro's and con's on their model.

Thanks in advance.
altaclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2018, 09:35 AM   #2

JMHO but I'd never own an RV again with the tv at a right angle to seating. Also would not own an RV that I could not access the fridge or the toilet when the slides are in. Sure you can push the slides out to get access but why put extra wear and tear on stuff if you don't need to. Especially slides.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:48 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
JMHO but I'd never own an RV again with the tv at a right angle to seating. Also would not own an RV that I could not access the fridge or the toilet when the slides are in. Sure you can push the slides out to get access but why put extra wear and tear on stuff if you don't need to. Especially slides.

Very good points, especially access to the fridge. As we shopped for our new Rv, it was appalling how few allow access to the fridge without having to move a slideout first. When I looked at the AF 28f today, I was dismayed with the lack of space in the pass-through storage. Conversely, the amount of interior space for storage was amazing, as was available ambient light throughout. My main focus today was to view the furnace location, HW tank location, floor vents, lighting and windows to the camping side. I loved that the furnace is located in the bathroom so the door can be closed and thus reduce noise throughout the trailer. The HW heater is also in a great location, with valving etc very accessible. Unfortunately the FW holding tank is only 48 gals, with another 10 in the HW tank, where as the Glacier Peak holds 70 gal, plus another 10 in the hw tank.
Goes to show that there are pros and cons to both makes, and between TT and 5th's. Hmmmm....gotta sleep on this some more.
Look forward to hearing from others also.

cheers and thanks
Glen
altaclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:14 AM   #4

Just curious to what model GP you a have and why you're looking to switch?
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:32 PM   #5
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by altaclipper View Post
Very good points, especially access to the fridge. As we shopped for our new Rv, it was appalling how few allow access to the fridge without having to move a slideout first. When I looked at the AF 28f today, I was dismayed with the lack of space in the pass-through storage. Conversely, the amount of interior space for storage was amazing, as was available ambient light throughout. My main focus today was to view the furnace location, HW tank location, floor vents, lighting and windows to the camping side. I loved that the furnace is located in the bathroom so the door can be closed and thus reduce noise throughout the trailer. The HW heater is also in a great location, with valving etc very accessible. Unfortunately the FW holding tank is only 48 gals, with another 10 in the HW tank, where as the Glacier Peak holds 70 gal, plus another 10 in the hw tank.
Goes to show that there are pros and cons to both makes, and between TT and 5th's. Hmmmm....gotta sleep on this some more.
Look forward to hearing from others also.

cheers and thanks
Glen
Hello...
A well seasoned (old) RVer said, when looking at a new trailer the first thing he looks at is the capacity or size of the black and grey water tanks..he said he can always hand carry water to top up his fresh water tank.
To me the larger capacity of the black and grey tanks are very important.... more so than fresh water especially dry camping.
When dry camping I alway top up my fresh water tank on a daily basis...using a couple of 5 gallon folding water bags.
FWIW
Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote