Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2019, 09:58 AM   #1

Interior lights

Hi all - love our 2016 AF 27-5L, going on our 3rd year with it. The one thing I have always thought is odd I’d the configuration of the various light switches, in particular, the ones both behind the panel next to the stereo and the bank of them on the side of that cabinet. Not why they wouldn’t all be in the same place. Seems random. Anyway, I just realized there are two lights over the recliners (not the ones on the wall of the slide out) and I have no idea how to turn them on. I’m a bit of a lighting fanatic and I don’t tend to use the overhead lighting much so think I just never noticed them. Now I’m just curious where the switch is for these. Any ideas?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2019, 07:01 AM   #2

That switch is under the cabinet in the corner. Very hard to reach. There is a tunnel in the roof insulation between the lights. Drop both lights to confirm. I added double switch there (one for each light) and just leave the hard to reach corner light switch on. I also relocated the switch for the dining light. Many more mods you can do on your AF. Try the NROA site. Lots of great info there and many great members.

I've modded ours extensively to meet our needs. We've changed the steps, added a window, installed the auto level jacks, did the disc brake conversion and put on a rear receiver hitch to tow our Jeep. And lots more little mods. We also removed the door on the closet side of the bedroom and traded the couch for a pair of smaller recliners. We find the 27-5 is small enough to camp in most of the places we want but large enough to live in for as long as we want.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:25 AM   #3

Wow - that’s a lot of changes! Thanks for the info on the switch. We’ll be taking out this next weekend and I look for it (we have to store it when we’re not using it).

I’ve done a few minor things like adding a keyless entry lock and a Valterra Twist On Waste Valve, changed the backsplash, and changed the configuration of the catches on the pantry door ( they were too far apart and the door used to rattle when you opened it - simply moving them closer together near the center of the door solved that).

Tags
interior, light, lights