Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2019, 02:47 PM   #1

Question Mid-west Arctic Fox Service???

Can any Arctic Fox owners in the Mid-west (I'm from Michigan) tell me how easy OR difficult its been to get service on your Northwoods Manufacturing RV???

A couple folks have told me that service can be hard to get unless you're "out west".

Just trying to get the straight scoop.

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2019, 05:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundertaker View Post
Can any Arctic Fox owners in the Mid-west (I'm from Michigan) tell me how easy OR difficult its been to get service on your Northwoods Manufacturing RV???

A couple folks have told me that service can be hard to get unless you're "out west".

Just trying to get the straight scoop.
Please help if you're able.... thank you

Old 01-28-2019, 09:48 AM   #3

From my understanding, call Northwood and they can set you up with a local to you independent RV repair guy.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavenger View Post
From my understanding, call Northwood and they can set you up with a local to you independent RV repair guy.
x2 Thats what I did when bought my Fox 250 miles from my town.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 12:21 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Don't worry about it, nothing ever goes bad on a Northwood.

Had one several years ago and it was great!!
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 02:05 PM   #6

Getting service is my main issue!!!

Old 01-28-2019, 03:38 PM   #7

Maybe I need a bit more detail...what service exactly? Like, what would you need done?

Any issues with the house structure can probably be handled by any experienced RV repair guy regardless of whether he is a "Certified Northwoods Mfg", and if he isn't certified, Northwoods can work with the guy to make sure any work is completed to their satisfaction if its going to be covered under a warranty claim.

Any other component has its own warranty, and since most RV brands all use the same components (Microwave, fridge, water heater, furnace, etc.), that same guy is probably very well versed in their repair and claiming the service under their warranty conditions.

Or I could be completely wrong and you just want the comfort of finding a place that has the words "Arctic Fox" on the building. Which is a valid opinion.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavenger View Post
Maybe I need a bit more detail...what service exactly? Like, what would you need done?

Any issues with the house structure can probably be handled by any experienced RV repair guy regardless of whether he is a "Certified Northwoods Mfg", and if he isn't certified, Northwoods can work with the guy to make sure any work is completed to their satisfaction if its going to be covered under a warranty claim.

Any other component has its own warranty, and since most RV brands all use the same components (Microwave, fridge, water heater, furnace, etc.), that same guy is probably very well versed in their repair and claiming the service under their warranty conditions.

Or I could be completely wrong and you just want the comfort of finding a place that has the words "Arctic Fox" on the building. Which is a valid opinion.
I just want some assurance that IF I need service under warranty that I don't have to haul it out west to get it done if I'm in Michigan! Thats all...

Old 01-28-2019, 07:56 PM   #9

Call NW and ask. Super simple.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
Call NW and ask. Super simple.
No....I want to hear from those that actually own and use Northwoods Manufacturing products....not so simple!

Old 01-29-2019, 08:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundertaker View Post
No....I want to hear from those that actually own and use Northwoods Manufacturing products....not so simple!
Our dealer is a little over 500 miles away. So far we haven't needed to take it in for anything. The biggest problems most people have (including us) are stripped/missing screws, and a little caulking around the shower.

There is a dealer in Minnesota, so that really isn't west, but it is a little west for you.

Are you looking for new or used? Are you opposed to doing anything and having the dealer fix anything you find wrong? I am not being a smart A here, everyone is different If you are looking at a used one, most likely anything that would have needed to be fixed, already will be. We asked ourselves those exact questions before we bought new, since we decided we wanted to know everything that was done to our future retirement home.
JameyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:50 AM   #12

I would start by finding who in the region sells/services the Northwoods Line you are thinking about buying.

NW has a dealer locater on it's website. Northwood | Dealer Locator

Go there, check the box of the Model Line you are thinking about buying (AF, NASH, Desert Fox...etc), put in your address, and it will show you who is selling near you.

Then check up on those dealers. For example, I see CampingWorld in Grand Rapids sells some lines....but I've heard from many folks "Stay away from Camping World." Yet they sell lots....so some CW outlets must be better than others.

The challenge for you, of course, is that Northwood is in LaGrande, Oregon; couldn't find enough people to hire even if they wanted to expand; so they have limited dealer options the further East you go.

I get the desire for someone nearby to deal with warranty issues....but in the long run I'm with Gavenger on finding a GOOD RV service person....rather than a "factory certified" one. Most of our RV lives....we'll be out of warranty.

Happy Trails and Go Blue....or Green....depending on where you are in Michigan.
bikedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:00 PM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I don't own a Northwood but do own an ORV, their "sister" company Nash started and I'm way down in the Southeastern part of the states. Since there are no dealers down here I simply found an independent RV repair facility, not a dealer, that had a number of positive reviews and have actually used them with great success. Northwood/ORV will work with the RV repair facility to get any warranty work taken care of. If the unit you are looking at is used you can forget about a factory warranty, I found out that when we were searching for our current coach. Don't be afraid to purchase the Northwood and not have service available, they'll work with you. Besides, Northwood only has a 1 year bumper to bumper warranty on their new coaches. At least that's what we were told while taking the factory tour. In my experience, the issues dealt with haven't been related to ORV but the individual components themselves.
RAM 6.7 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service