Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2018, 05:36 AM   #1

Nash 17k owners

We are thinking about downsizing from a Class C to a smaller TT to have more of the "camping experience. The 17K is small, but seems like just enough room for myself, wife, daughter, and two dogs. It will be tight, or "cozy."

Is anyone familiar with this model? We are yet to actually see one in person. I wonder if people use this model as a family camper and would love to know how viable it is for my crew. I want to make sure it is not too small. I would love to hear about how people utilize the space. We need sleeping for 3-4 and this camper would accommodate that (it seems)

Thanks for your insights,

Tom
Driftless RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2018, 06:46 AM   #2

That would never work for my wife, me and our two dogs. It might work if the weather is perfect (not hot, cold or raining) and you can stay outside.

I love my family most of the time.

I suggest the biggest you feel comfortable towing.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:31 AM   #3

I'll never ever own anything without a walk around bed. Other than that I can make most any trailer work.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 01:18 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Depending on the size of the dogs a 17K would be more than cozy or tight. We had a 22H for many years - just the two of us and two large dogs - it was OK at best if the weather was bad. The couch was a better bed than the dinette. However the dogs had either the sofa or the floor in front of it.
However it always seemed that even with the two of us we were always trying to step over each other or the dogs. The 17K has a bigger road block with the narrow aisle that has the galley and the bathroom - so someone trying to cook is in the way of someone trying to get to the dinette or bathroom.

I think you would do much better in a 22H or 23D. You might also want to take a look at Outdoors RV - they are owned by Northwood - the parent company of Nash/Arctic Fox.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:36 AM   #5

Thanks for all of the feedback and insights. We are going to stay with our Class C right now. My wife and I decided that the additional space we have now will be nice to have as our daughter gets bigger and we have friends staying over. We had a moment of "projected regret" when we imagined being cramped in a trailer without enough space for guests.
Driftless RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 11:11 AM   #6

That is a wise choice grasshopper.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:37 AM   #7

My wife and I just bought our Nash 17K. Fine for two adults and a smaller dog. But that's about it. In Seattle, we need to be prepared to be inside our TT's with the ever present rain.

Now you can sleep 2 up front in the queen bed, 1/2 on the dinette bed and one or two on the floor in sleeping bags (emergency quarters only).

But best for a couple.
jtdunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:34 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdunc View Post
But best for a couple.
My GF and I nearly pulled the pin on a Nash 17k and can tell you it would be tight for more than two people and either a young child or pets. I'm 6'3" and 275 lbs and the little woman is 5'6" and is "cuddly". We likely would have regretted the purchase solely for sleeping arrangements. We ended up in an Outdoors RV and still think of the things we liked better in the Nash but the ORV fit our lifestyle better. Even though we can't really entertain in ours either...
RoadDogYVR is offline   Reply With Quote