Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2019, 03:46 PM   #1

Nash 22H cabinets & mattress suppo

I am considering buying a used 2016 - 2017 Nash 22H.
Today, I looked at a 2020 Nash 22H where I live.
The cabinets were Alder and very plain (no relief) with simple, overlay hinges.
The mattress was resting on 5/16", maybe 3/8" plywood, supported by
1 1/2" x 1 1/2" boards, maybe 18" on center. The vertical frame was 3/4" x 1 1/2" covered with paneling.
When I retire in maybe 2 years, I will be using the TT 5 - 6 months at a time.
I need a well supported mattress with adequate sheeting & framing that will hold up.
Anyone own or previously own, a 2016 - 2017 Nash 22H?
Did the mattress ever sag or fail because the sheeting and framing was of poor quality?
What are the cabinet door and drawer faces like? Are they very plain (no relief)?
Are the hinges overlay type or are they higher quality, hidden hinges?
Thanks for your replies.

Saranovich
Spokane

Saranovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2019, 01:05 PM   #2

We have a Nash about that age, but not a 22. The plywood under the bed is very sturdy and still seems like new. With our 17k we bought a mattress topper from Costco, but your bed has different dimensions than ours.
lftcstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 01:45 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Nash is the low-cost Northwood Mfg brand. They simplify the TT to make it cheaper to buy. Arctic Fox is the upper level brand.

Thing is... you can order a Nash with all the Arctic Fox upgrades. So, it's difficult to know what you're looking at with a Nash.

For instance a few years back most Nash models were available without shock absorbers on the suspension. But a great many upgraded to add shocks in their factory orders.

We had a Nash 16T and after a couple months we traded it in for an Arctic Fox 22H. We had that TT for 8 years and ordered an AF 25S which we kept for 5 years before moving to motorhomes.

Our AF 22H had exposed cabinet hinges, but the cab doors were not flat. The mattress base held up fine but we changed out the mattress for a custom mattress we had made.

Ron Nash and his wife, Sherry started Northwood Mfg and had a real passion for durable, comfortable trailers. But Ron's wife did all the interior design. It's always been kind of stodgy. Ron had a bad stroke about 10 years ago and turned over control to others at the company. And, it was only a few months ago that he passed away.

Here is a photo of the inside of our 22H when we sold it in 2010:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toBack.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	269450  
Old 01-05-2020, 08:51 PM   #4

Nash 22H Bed

Hello- We have a thoughtfully appointed Nash 22H and the bed is more than adequate to support a muscular 6'2" male and his very fit better half for a combined weight of 370 pounds (muscle weighs more than fat). We sleep terrific on this bed and have no indication we are straining the weight capacity of the bed, or the couch or the settee cushions for that matter. We love this "smaller" trailer that thinks it is a thirty footer, what with it's separate bedroom with tons of storage, nice couch for lounging and reading books and a dinette for four fro card games, not to mention the very nice rear bathroom and huge closet. We tow with a 3/4 ton Dodge and use an E-2 hitch- tows like a dream. This is our perfect couples trailer. I can't imagine needing more storage than this trailer offers and I am the rare camper that actually cooks all our meals while on the road, including baking homemade bread in the oven, a feature we can't live without but not offered on so many RVs these days. We are so impressed with Northwood for their attention to the little details that matter once you are actually camping. We especially love being able to turn off the stereo and 'hall' light' from the bedroom.
Campsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #5

I have a 2005 Nash 22H and it will be my last trailer. I have made lots of modifications and improvements over time. Most who look at it understand why I feel the way I do. The one thing I haven’t had to change is the bed frame. The reason is that their trailer is built with plywood not particle board like everyone else. Enjoy this model like most do. It is a very popular floor plan. Northwood is one of the best brands.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 04:14 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I had a 2005 AF 22H it served us well for 12 yrs when we traded it for an ORV 25RDS in 2017. The bed was never an issue - except for it being sideways. Back in 05 you could indeed option a Nash to a Fox - impossible now. Nash is still wood framed with glued on filon - old school but ours was still going strong in 17, we just wanted something a bit bigger for extended stays. We did look at the 23D but it still seemed small.

Tags
mattress