Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2017, 06:05 PM   #1

KZ RV Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Nash Good and Bad

Looking to buy a Nash RV and looking for input good and bad from any owners.
EarlACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2017, 06:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlACO View Post
Looking to buy a Nash RV...
I'm sorry to have to ask this. but I just HAVE to.

Would that be a Nash "Rambler"?

Tim
Healeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 06:43 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Had a 24M that got flooded in Harvey. The company is Northwood mfg and was started by Ron Nash. Bought my new and had it for about 18 months and maybe 5,000 miles. Dump valve was bad at the get go, dealer replace. No other issues. Purchased a larger Artic Fox another Northwood line.

There is an owners forum where you can gather more information.

Home - Northwood RV Owners Association Forum
Old 10-29-2017, 12:40 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have an ORV 19B, another NOrthwood brand. Been living in it for more than two years now, very happy.
Old 10-29-2017, 04:57 PM   #5

Bought a used 2016 ORV Black Rock 19B out of Rathdrum Idaho a few weeks ago. Only got to use it twice before putting it to bed for the winter. Seems pretty solid to me.
Stan in Wenatchee
StanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 05:09 PM   #6

I really liked the Nash 24M I walked through a couple of months ago. (Except for the near zero clearance from the bed to the wall at the foot). Spartan but in no way cheap.

Nash is traditional wood frame and hung siding but don't let that scare you. They'll last just fine with care-- just like aluminum laminated types.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:32 PM   #7

I travel and live in a 2016 Nash 23D. Currently have over 40k miles on it pulling it with a 2014 F250 6.2 crew cab hauling an Atv in the bed. I made the Nash trailer decision after researching what would fit my lifestyle best. Avid outdoorsman that camps off grid 75% of the time. I hunt and fish, live in the PNW from Sept to Dec for fishing and hunting and this past summer went to Alaska for four months, fishing. It has been pulled through one flood up to frame across numerous creeks and two forest fires, the last was the evacuation from the Sonoma fires last month. Currently on the Oregon coast. I give you this information so you can see the durability of Nash line.

The bad side of a Nash is its utilitarian look. I bought it for this reason but when I go to my buddies nice ORV Blackstone 26RLS I feel like the poor country cousin. My Nash is built like an old Ford truck, good, solid and steady. You are not going to impress a date with any sleek shiny interior, but you and your buddies will be warm and comfortable at an ice fishing tournament in NE Nevada during a cold snap (True Story).

If you do buy a Nash make sure it comes with an upgraded suspension with wet bolts. Solar panels are great but invest in a good generator. I choose a no generator unit and do not regret the decision. More storage space and not sucking my propane bottles dry. In the 2016 models you could buy Nash without dual pane windows, I got dual pane suggest the same for anyone. They should all be dual pane. I have seen a few without and the owners said they should get dual pane. Slide topper for the slide.

My Nash was bought for four season and has not disappointed. It will be going to the Baja for winter starting after December. On the longer trips the trailer holds my girlfriend, a golden retriever, black lab and me. Luckily we our outdoors most days. Even though it is big enough to exist comfortably in, it can get crowded, it would be lacking in room for us to be full time together. Thankfully she has her own house and just wants me to take her on the "cool trips", the two week Elk camp on top a mountain is not her definition of cool. Over all, we do real good with plenty of space but minimal personal space.

The Nash line is not composed of large trailers and my 23D has gotten in too some crazy camping spots. I am afraid to move up on size because then I would be more inclined to find a full service campground instead of Morely Lake in Canada during my trip to Alaska. Going up to the ORV Blackstone 28RKS, that my girlfriend drools over, would severely limit my choices on campsites.

I hope I gave you good information on my experiences with a Nash 23D. As with all advice from a faceless computer forum, YMMV and IANAL. I hope to hear other people and their experiences and will always be happy to answer any questions. This endorsement is not a paid spot but if you are from Northwood contact me for going rates for recommendations.

Good camping and stay safe.
ktn1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:25 PM   #8

I have a 22H and I love that thing. I have made many changes to suit me and I will not trade it in for anything larger. I go RV’ing to get away from home. I don’t want to bring the whole house with me. Simpler is better as far as I’m concerned.
You can’t go wrong with Nash.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:49 AM   #9

We've been happy with ours. Very well built.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:46 AM   #10

Years ago, I purchased a Nash 27.5 5th wheel. had an issue with the front cap and the inverter. Took the 5'er from Seattle to the factory in La Grand, OR. The service rep asked that I have the 5'er available at 8 am, which I did. The 2 items were repaired and the 5'er was ready to go at noon that same day. They suggested I not pull the 5'er at freeway speeds for 24 hours to allow time for the adhesive used on the front cap to properly cure/dry. Very happy with the Northwood manufacturing and their customer service.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:21 PM   #11

I have a Arctic Fox 22H and have been very satisfied with the build quality. This is a small 24’ trailer and my favorite over previous Class A, C, 5RV and a truck camper. I did remodel it to fit our needs but we will keep this one for many more years.