Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2018, 07:21 AM   #1

Northwood experience with out-of-state purchase? IA/MN

Hello! New to forum. We have a Jayco 2014 24RBS. It has been a good RV, just looking for better layout and quality (built pre-Thor takeover). We have researched multiple brands, and are seriously considering the Arctic Fix for several reasons: quality, layout, fridge size, etc.

Looking for anyone with experience buying from out-of-state dealer, and any ongoing service agreements. We are in Iowa and looking at a Minnesota dealer. How does the "we have relationships with local dealers in multiple states" process really work.

Anyone with this experience?

Thanks!
Kathy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2018, 09:49 AM   #2

While I didn't buy from out of state I did buy 250 miles away. I had a couple minor issues. One requiring warranty work. I had a slow water drip at the manifold connection. Since I had no dealer near me I call Northwood. Told them about my leak and asked if they could just send me the part. They did. But they sent the wrong part. Sent a pic and they sent another part but it didn't stop the leak. So they set me up with a local independent RV repair shop. Had it repaired in a couple hours.
My water pump went out before the two year Shurflo warranty was up. Called NW and they had me do a few tests of the pump and wiring while on the phone. They determined that the pump was probably bad so they sent me a new one.
I can call NW and ask about anything I want on my 5er and will get to talk to a service or tech guy.

It's my understanding that out of state buyers will be refereed to an RV shop for warranty work if needed.
You could call NW or ask them on their Facebook page on their site. During the week I've had instant responses to a few questions on their FB page.

Only other MFG that offers the same customer relations that I know of is Grand Design.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:19 PM   #3

We bought ours after owning a 2000 AF 27-5L for 8 years. The dealer is over 500 miles away, but we haven't needed anything that isn't simple repairs. We haven't had anything wrong that I would take it to a dealer 10 miles away.
Stripped screws, and things mounted slightly off level have been the worst of our problems. Everything else I have done has been making it work as simple as our previous AF did, as we mainly boondock or dry camp, but still live like we were at home.
JameyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:57 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
We bought ours from Niemeyer and if you are looking to buy from them, we only have praises for the delivery, purchase and service department. We ordered ours in Dec and picked it up in July. During the time before it was built we made several changes (adds) and all went smoothly. When our unit arrived Tim Neimeyer called to let us know and worked with us to schedule a pickup time that would allow us time to go through everything as we saw fit. It took nearly 4 hours to do the PDI, during the entire time the service manager was with us, taking notes and answering questions. Only a few minor things were found, which were taken care of while we wrote out the check. During the next few weeks and we discovered a couple of things, all minor, that needed fixing. Scheduled a time to do the work and all went well.
Just lately the fridge stopped working, we are traveling and 1200 miles from the dealer. Contacted them and since it would be warranty from Norcold, we were givin information of Norcold service centers in our area. Fortunately the fridge started working again and now we just watch it closely to try and figure out why it stopped and to catch it early if it stops again.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:32 PM   #5

Northwood experience with out-of-state purchase? IA/MN

Thanks! We are looking at Neimeyer. Glad to hear they are good!
Old 10-14-2018, 07:12 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
I drove from east coast of FL to Niemeyers to buy our 2016 Arctic Fox 25Y. Very apprehensive to buy sight unseen and travel that far but was well worth it. Excellent dealership and they stand behind their sales. Highly recommended.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:54 PM   #7

Thank you!!

Tags
purchase