RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-29-2018, 04:32 PM   #43

I looked at the Lance trailer again today and again impressed. It looked at a Jayco next to the Lance. Walked from one to the other a dozen times. I got under the Lance. The Jayco felt like a run of the trailer, it was kinda ok but had just a few loose trim pieces. The Lance feels like a step or two above the Jayco.

Under the Lance was neat and tidy. I checked the roof. I liked the material they used. It was not the normal rubber membrane but a smoother material. The brochure says some kind of PVC composite. The ladder was rock solid even for my 200lbs. The Jayco did not have a ladder. The Lance had a slide cover, 160 watt solar panal, back up camera, a cargo rack on the roof, two batteries, an additional portable solar connection, Goodyear Endurance tires with a speed rating of 87mph, dual pane windows, and they are low to make them easier to tow, all LED lights.

I do want to see the Artic Fox trailers at Hamerville Ohio and West Milton Pa plus Cook Forest State Park to talk to people that own them the Outdoor trailers.

I did hear that Lance is adding a larger 24' trailer for 2019 model year. I want to see the changes for 2019 model year. Hope they add aluminum steps.

The salesman did say he sees a few Artic Fox trailers being traded for Lance Trailers. But his lips were moving when he said this.
Now, I did see one used Artic Fox trailer out front so I kinda believe him.

Sent from my SM-G930V using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app

tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2018, 06:37 PM   #44

If you haven't been to the Northwood website I would suggest you look at it. They have a lot of videos featuring different products and features. As far as the Lance , I considered them because of their reputation for quality. when I finally got to see one in person I was impressed ,except for the fact that it seemed too small. Maybe its just me . Also some of the places I camp I am afraid I would be scraping the bumper off in some of the dips. They are nice , well built trailers but not what I wanted.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:53 PM   #45

Agree, the Lance trailer is tight on the inside. The Winnebago Mini Plus 27RBDS with opposing slides is much more roomy. The ceiling in the Lance was lower, where the ceiling in the Winnebago is higher.

I checked the Lance trailer pretty good and it seemed very solid. The walls fit into a groove before they are attached. There were no gaps or loose trim.

I will be in a few different northern states. I will continue to do my research at the different RV dealers up north.

Sent from my SM-G930V using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:09 PM   #46

Arctic Fox has a true window frame and thermal (double pane) window option.
Outdoors is a frame-less window.
Heavy duty = Arctic Fox Silver - 8ft wide, or Classic - 8.5ft wide.

Tags
trailer