RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-12-2019, 02:23 PM   #1

Replacing carpet with other flooring on 29 5T

Ha anyone replaced their carpet in the 29 5T? Ours is looking pretty dirty and especially under the table. I'd rather have regular hard flooring, at least in the eating area. Anyone switched it out? DIY or professional? Thanks!

MKOwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2019, 05:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKOwen View Post
Ha anyone replaced their carpet in the 29 5T? Ours is looking pretty dirty and especially under the table. I'd rather have regular hard flooring, at least in the eating area. Anyone switched it out? DIY or professional? Thanks!
Doing it now.. whomever decided that carpet was a good idea ....

Tossing the banquette and putting floating laminate down.

Carpet hides a bunch of "FU"s...

We have a squeak in front of the sink and I was going tio put a few more screws in but there aren't any.. is the ply glued to the frame ?

Old 05-07-2019, 11:42 PM   #3

I hope you'll tell how it went and show pictures! Are you doing it yourself?
MKOwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKOwen View Post
I hope you'll tell how it went and show pictures! Are you doing it yourself?

Yes.. will have something for you soon. No pic of us pulling the carpet out ..just of the aftermath.. and the vinyl too..

my e-mail is yzgrassy at gmail dot com. I can send directly to you.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:28 AM   #5

Looking at replacing floor in 5th wheel. Really like allure grip vinyl, but says not to put in RV. Anyone knew the reason
calscmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by calscmcd View Post
Looking at replacing floor in 5th wheel. Really like allure grip vinyl, but says not to put in RV. Anyone knew the reason
It is really hard to find any staff that understands RVs.. we had to go to a lot of stores to find info.. At the present time.. and will depend on the colour that we paint, we will use Allure or another brand.

Best guess, I read the info on this product and it has to be glued down..the floor has to have the ability to flex and stand large temp changes, that is why the floating vinyl seems to be a hit..
Old 05-17-2019, 07:58 AM   #7

We are installing a floating floor in our motorhome. Bought the product prior to leaving for our Florida home last November. Finally warming up here in northern Ohio to get it going.
OhioBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:55 AM   #8

we seem to be in.perpetual rain.

we were also dumping our banquette, we replaced out coach last year, new fabric on our valances and painting. life is too short to be surrounded by brown.

Tags
carpet, floor, flooring

« Morryde steps | - »