Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Alaska, Canada, Mexico and Beyond
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-15-2018, 04:38 AM   #1

Retired Fire Service RVer's
New improved Campground in GUATEMALA

YES, I did say "Guatemala"!

Located on Hwy CA-9, between Guatemala City and the Pacific coast, is the hot spring paradise camping of AUTOMARISCOS (just a name, but in spanish it means self serve seafood), with a seafood restaurant, seven hot water pools, 2 jacuzzi , natural sauna with eucalyptus leaves, wave pool, water slides, and outdoor poolside tables with waiter service.

The campsite, has full hookups, including sewer, water, and electric. Each campsite has its own picnic table, and cabana with a fan, and barbecue grill. Beautiful grassy areas, with fruit trees, and a climate of 55 degrees at night and 75-80 every day of the year. The altitude here is 4200 feet. One hour from the Pacific Ocean and the same from Guatemala City.
SoAmerRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2018, 09:09 AM   #2

guatamala? I don't think so.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-advisory.html
Old 02-16-2018, 05:34 AM   #3

traveling Guatemala in RV since 1977

RVing south of the border is NOT for everybody, but those who have done it do know the facts. They sometimes say: If it wasn't for the "armchair" response it would not be as it is. There are places in every country including the USA where we don't go RVing! Mexico also has places off the camping preferences (like the border with the US)...but using good judgement these areas can be traveled through.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAmerRVer View Post
RVing south of the border is NOT for everybody, but those who have done it do know the facts. They sometimes say: If it wasn't for the "armchair" response it would not be as it is. There are places in every country including the USA where we don't go RVing! Mexico also has places off the camping preferences (like the border with the US)...but using good judgement these areas can be traveled through.
Agreed. We spent 5 months living on our boat in Guatemala and traveling most of the country. It was the most wonderful experience we have ever had and met the most wonderful people. There was NEVER a time where we felt threatened or unsafe. We still have friends there and would love to visit again in our RV. Anyone can read a travel advisory and post a link to it. But until you have actually been there, experienced the people and culture, internet links mean little other than a certain amount of caution is needed, as is the case everywhere. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 05:29 AM   #5

Best way to see and "live" the Latin Experience is in a RV

Chuck you were probably in Rio Dulce??? No official campground there but, we also stayed at the marina - great seafood ....ummmm
Old 02-17-2018, 05:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Why's that? Lot's of Canadians travel south of the border and feel comfortable traveling in the United States! As long as you know the areas to avoid (Chicago, Washington DC, East St. Louis, parts of LA, etc) it is reasonably safe!

Oh, you meant the US/Mexican border!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:06 AM   #7

Quote:
YES, I did say "Guatemala"!

Located on Hwy CA-9, between Guatemala City and the Pacific coast, is the hot spring paradise camping of AUTOMARISCOS (just a name, but in spanish it means self serve seafood), with a seafood restaurant, seven hot water pools, 2 jacuzzi , natural sauna with eucalyptus leaves, wave pool, water slides, and outdoor poolside tables with waiter service.

The campsite, has full hookups, including sewer, water, and electric. Each campsite has its own picnic table, and cabana with a fan, and barbecue grill. Beautiful grassy areas, with fruit trees, and a climate of 55 degrees at night and 75-80 every day of the year. The altitude here is 4200 feet. One hour from the Pacific Ocean and the same from Guatemala City.
IMHO you should share a few Images so we can see what we are missing.

JMHO,

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:23 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post

JMHO,

"2"
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:26 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I would be beyond intrigued with the idea of RVing thru Mexico and hanging in Guatemala. Is there a group I could join so I don't get my gringo self in any wrong places. Of course, leave my 2nd Amendment at home, how about my ferocious mini Schnauzer Vinny the Horrible?
Old 02-17-2018, 10:28 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
And I'd take my chances in Central America over Chicago.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:38 AM   #11

Their is always the

I wouldn’t do that !! , crowd.. it’s to far out of their bubble and safe place..

We do mexico last year and we had a blast.. little over a week stay and believe it or not.. not 1 time did we feel unsafe.. imagine they , not 1 time!!!

I would love to travel South America 1 day but first on the list is Alaska with all the unpredictable wild animals .. that have badges of honor.. little rascals.. and to think I might have to go through Canada .. I heard they have crime also.. now what Guess I could take a ferry.. no um nvm
Old 02-18-2018, 04:46 AM   #12

uploading some photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post

JMHO,

Hopefully the photos uploaded, if not, I can forward on the following email connection: fredriknormans@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P7270018.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	192764   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1047.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	467.1 KB
ID:	192765  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1048.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	479.7 KB
ID:	192766  
Old 02-18-2018, 04:52 AM   #13

Trekoftheamericas has done that for over 25 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
I would be beyond intrigued with the idea of RVing thru Mexico and hanging in Guatemala. Is there a group I could join so I don't get my gringo self in any wrong places. Of course, leave my 2nd Amendment at home, how about my ferocious mini Schnauzer Vinny the Horrible?
Since the 1980s the trekamericas group has traveled with RV groups to Guatemala and Panama, and now goes all the way to Argentina. In 2001 they organized and led 60 (sixty) Airstreams on the 50th Anniversary Airstream Caravan USA to Panama and back. They are on the www at adventuretrek.com
Old 02-18-2018, 04:55 AM   #14

Camping with pets in mex and central america

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
Pets are absolutely no problem....just get your USDA vac. certificate within a week before your departure. Just like a passport I also travel with my dog.

Tags
alaska, alaska trip, campground