Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-14-2006, 09:48 AM   #1

How do you raise and lower your slide-in front to back,back to front or side to side trying to figure out the best way to do it ?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2006, 09:48 AM   #2

How do you raise and lower your slide-in front to back,back to front or side to side trying to figure out the best way to do it ?

Old 11-14-2006, 10:17 AM   #3

I forgot to say I have the hydraulic jacks on mine.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:01 AM   #4

years back when I had hydraulics on my Beaver camper I went round and round, 3 pumps on each, trying to never raise one corner causing the TC to be on only 3 jacks. The hard part I remember was letting it down, it seems the release valve was always hard to start turning, so that first turn sometimes let that jack down too much, it was a heart stopper for me. I still am very apprehensive with the electric jacks, what if the controller button sticks on, yikes....

2000 Lazy Daze 30 IB
Budster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:33 PM   #5

Yep I know what you mean getting it off center and it falls over what a bummer that would be. I jack mine up in the front first just high enough to go in the truck and then do the back. Then back the truck under it and let the front down and then the back works for me just thought there might be a better way of doing it.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:43 AM   #6

The manual for my camper says to try and keep the camper as level as possible while jacking or lowering. The front jacks should always be raised first and then the backs raised up to level. Doing this keeps the weight evenly distributed or more heavily load the rear jacks, depending on if the camper is level or the front is higher.

This makes sense because the rear jacks are much better supported. The front jacks are only bolted at the top and can really bend if to much uneven weight is put on them (especially if the rear of the camper is higher than the front).

One thing that works great for me when relieving hydraulic pressure is to make sure and only loosely tighten the shutoff valve while lowering. It doesn't need to be super tight. That way there's not that big surge when you struggle to loosen the valve and it suddenly releases more than you want at once. Once the lowering is complete, then snug the valve up a little more to make sure it doesn't leak during storage (not that it would matter too much because my camper sits on stands during storage).

Harald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:12 AM   #7

Thanks Harald mine sits on stands too.I have the Rieco Titan jacks on mine,they leak down have you ever rebuilt any of these or do you know if they can be rebuilt.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:58 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gas Man:
have you ever rebuilt any of these or do you know if they can be rebuilt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yes I have, Reico has a kit that will rebuild two: click here
check out the rest of their site.

2000 Lazy Daze 30 IB
Budster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:23 PM   #9

Thanks Budster never thought about looking to see if they had a web site will have to get me a couple of kits over the winter and rebuild them thanks again.