I knew that I wanted to get a truck camper so I could tow my boat to the river and have a place to stay for weeks at a time.
I bought my truck first, a 2008 F-350 6.4L PSD, 4x4 CC long bed stock as a clock.
I then proceeded to RVersize it.... I am a barter/trader and paid very little for the whole camper add on package. Here is what I bought for it:
1) Torklift camper frame mounted tie downs. Used (found on my fishing forum classifieds)
2) Rancho 9000 XL HD adjustable shocks.
3) 2) 3/4" rubber horse stall mats (4x6' each, used jig saw to custom modify)
4) Ford OEM electric Tow mirrors (used, Corporate takeoffs & practically brand new, from my Powerstroke forum classifieds)
5) Fastgun tie downs (after 3 years of the old style screw on & wrench tightening)
6) Airlift 5000 airbag kit (new, open box from ebay) And in bed electrical connection.
I was able to do everything myself except the Airlift bags so I saved hundreds in labor costs plus I hate to pay top dollar for anything if I can find it cheaper elsewhere.....
I fish, therfore I AM...