Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2007, 08:21 PM   #29

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wildcamper:
Happy Holidays Steve,

Again, you are always welcome at hallmark mfg. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We actually had the intention of stopping in back in June while we waited to take delivery of our new camper but ended up spending too much time at ER. Maybe one of these days I will stop in but with the animosity hallmark (and you in particular) have shown towards me over the years I wonder how pleasant (or worthwhile) a visit it would truly be. I also note your total lack of apology for calling me a liar about the thermostat, so apparently even being proven wrong (with a picture to back it up) isn't enough to get you to admit your errors.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm sure Brad and his camper will be fine as his rubber roof problem is cosmetic and not structural. This is the beauty of our new carbon fiber roof. It's perfect every time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I have never said it was a structural issue, merely that it was a manufacturing defect and that the offer of a free repair of such wasn't exactly high praise. I do agree that the carbon fiber roof will alleviate the problem of workers that can't operate a glue gun and roller properly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm also sure that if I got to see your camper I could find defects to pick on as well. We shall leave that until you visit, or our paths cross. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I have never claimed that my camper (or Outfitters in general) were totally problem free. But I also don't go around trying to give people the idea that the competition is going to fall apart, as hallmark has done concerning the cabovers of Outfitters. By the way the Outfitter owner that had the cosmetic crack that hallmark has been referencing as proof of the alleged structural problem, recently updated his site (the one you were sending people to without his knowledge) to reflect the fact that it turned out to be a non-issue after all and to express his satisfaction with how the matter was handled by Outfitter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oh, and I'm doing a piece on our heated and insulated holding tanks. You'll have to keep any eye out for that on our web site. They work very nicely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>With the proper design I'm sure they will work just fine. Again if you care to reread all of my posts (on here and other forums) you will find that I have NEVER said that hallmark didn't build a good camper, I merely take exception to the false and/or misleading statements made by yourself and others. Which is why I have repeatedly suggested that hallmark sell their product on its own merits and drop the underhanded tactics, misleading statements and the use of fake owners to post glowing recommendations. It really does reflect badly on your company's integrity and as you have seen on RV.net turned at least a couple of potential customers away.

2007 F350, SC, LB, 4x4, SRW, 6.0/auto
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2007, 07:11 AM   #30

Again Steve,

You are always welcome at hallmark.

I do detect gilt however. No worries, I forgive you, but I won't let you get away with misleading the consumer. You should stop by some time, as I do have much to share with you.

Happy Holidays Steve
Old 12-22-2007, 07:42 AM   #31

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wildcamper:
Again Steve,

You are always welcome at hallmark.

I do detect gilt however. No worries, I forgive you, but I won't let you get away with misleading the consumer. You should stop by some time, as I do have much to share with you.

Happy Holidays Steve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>"gilt(?)" ..."forgive me"??

I guess it might be harder then I thought to do a visit to hallmark, since apparently they don't reside on the same plane of reality as everyone else.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:27 AM   #32

Steve in 29 and Wildcamper

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Trails 2004
Old 12-31-2007, 11:51 PM   #33

I only made it through a quarter of the 2nd page and decided that the bickering between the two manufacturers is ridiculous. If you are indeed a part of the company that you are representing, I encourage you to just be quiet and let the consumers decide which is the better brand. If you have to offer free lunches and fuel to prove your point, aren't you really just buying a vote here? I was a consumer looking to get some information on what brands are the best according to the general populous. Now I feel my decision has been tainted, and no longer want to even consider either brand.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:49 PM   #34

slide in buyer don't let the poor manners of one company deprive you of the opportunity to check out either brand.

I can assure you that while "wildcamper" is indeed the owner's son at hallmark, I myself have no affiliation (blood, marriage, employee or other wise) with Outfitter other then as a VERY satisfied owner (of my second one). And unlike trails2004 I have received NO compensation from my camper's manufacturer. Unfortunately this thread is simply a continuation of the tactics that got wildcamper banned from the forums on www.rv.net after his connection to hallmark was exposed.

While I appear to be the only Outfitter owner on this forum there are quite a few more over at the Truck Camper forum at RV.net who would be happy to share their views and experiences.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:58 AM   #35

So now warranty work is considered compensation- what is this world coming to?
Old 01-02-2008, 06:51 AM   #36

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Trails2004:
So now warranty work is considered compensation- what is this world coming to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No, warranty work isn't compensation but the $100ish worth of "complimentary roof reseal" you received, which NO manufacturer considers a warrantieable item, is.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:31 PM   #37

Really- thanks for the clarifaction. I thought I would need to report that as earned income. Phew! That is just good customer service, nothing more nothing less.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:26 PM   #38

In the name of full disclosure, Tom B at Lance gave me a hat one time.............I'm a cheap date.

Brad
'96 Lance 500, '01 F-350 Powerstroke SC 4X4 SRW, Rancho 9000's, Air Lift Air Springs, Titan Hitch w/24" extension, Happijac Tie-downs, Line-X Bed Liner, 18' Bumble Bee / 150 ProV Yamaha, 16' Aluminum / 35 Honda
Old 01-03-2008, 07:26 PM   #39

After rechecking my reference I corrected an earlier post where I mention weights.

The Outfitter owner that weighed his rig came up with a weight of 3100lbs not the 3500lbs I mentioned. After again subtracting 1000lb for the rule of thumb additional weight when fully loaded, gives a dry weight of approx 2100lbs. Since his was an Apex8 and not a 9.5 as the hallmark used as an example was, adding Outfitter's stated weight difference between an 8 and 9.5 of 150lbs to that figure gives a total that is approx 50lbs less then the stated weight for the hallmark. So it would seem the supposed weight penalty isn't as big a factor as some would want us to believe.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #40

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradW:
In the name of full disclosure, Tom B at Lance gave me a hat one time.............I'm a cheap date.

Brad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I gotta work on that free hat thing
Old 04-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #41

I started this debate a long time back. After a lot of thought, I went with Hallmark. The primary reason was size. The Outfitter is considerably larger and to me more is closer in size to a hard shell camper. Both appear to be well made units but for me the Hallmark was more to my liking. One thing I insisted on was a larger water tank. They looked into it and found they could put in a 37 gallon tank in place of the standard 26. It is now listed as an option. Not only was this a huge plus but it the placement put it underneath the step up to the bed making the weight of the water more central and balanced. I pick up my new camper in a few days. I will report back later with my impression of the unit. I went for broke on this baby. Air, generator, awnings side and rear, roof rack, and microwave.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:52 PM   #42

Congrats on the new camper and enjoy yourself.

For the record an Outfitter comes with a 44gal water tank standard and 60gal optional.

Closed Thread