Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:41 PM   #1

Host Camper Slide Outs

I have a 2006 Host Yellowstone DS Camper and the dinette slide out is rubbing on the rear window frame. Does anyone know how to make an adjustment to prevent this from happening. I believe I need to lower the front and raise the rear. The slide out operating system is made by Power Gear
Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #2

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but just so you don't feel alone, let me tell you I have the same question. My Host Yellowstone has a drivers side slide that only goes out about 6 inches before stopping. I am following your thread to see if someone has an answer.

Bud

Old 12-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budwizer View Post
Sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but just so you don't feel alone, let me tell you I have the same question. My Host Yellowstone has a drivers side slide that only goes out about 6 inches before stopping. I am following your thread to see if someone has an answer.

Bud

Well, Budwizer, my husband and I finally fixed our slide after much head scratching and discussion (and we are still married!). We decided that one side of the slide needed to be raised 1/2" so we loosened the bolts slightly that hold the slide to the rail, jacked up the slide and inserted a 1/2" shim between the slide bottom and the rail. The shim was made from 1/2" plywood and cut to fit between the bolts lengthwise and as wide as the rail plate. After the shim was in the slide cleared the window frame but we noticed that one side of the slide moved faster than the other and found a sheared bolt on one of the drive arms. After that was replaced everything worked fine. I like how easy it is to get to and work on the slide mechanism in the Yellowstone. Did you solve you slide problem yet?
Old 12-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #4

Fishwitch,
I am still fighting my problem but have decided to wait on warmer weather. I replaced the motor and transmission on the drivers side slide and it worked for a whille. Then all of a sudden (in Charleston WV on Thankgiving day morning) it decided to only retract to within about 7 inches of closing all the way. By the way, we were traveling from CO to DE for Thanksgiving.
Well, we rented a car and continued the trip to visit kids and grandkids. Came back after Thanksgiving and had a RV dealer look at it. They found a broken gear; got the slide to fully retract and we continued on home. I will call Host next spring to find out what parts to order and fix it then. I am tooooo much of a pansy to work on it in the cold. :-)
Old 01-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #5

camper rentals arizona
Quote:
After you have hired, it is the time to store all the vital things in your motor home that will be required during the trip. Always try to make a checklist and store all the essentials. Apart from this store all the food items in the refrigerator properly and switch it on one day prior so that the freshness of the food will be maintained. Before starting your trip you should also check the fresh water tank. If you find it empty then fill it before starting your trip which is very essential during the trip. If you do so then it will avoid unwanted stops in between the trip.
You can always try renting from Rv Rental outlet