Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
Don't limit yourself to 1 model/make/style or type of RV> We were looking at 5th Whl for full timing in, and had it narrowed down to a short list of 3 mfgrs. The we saw the MH in my signature and fell in love with it and know as soon as we walked into it that this was the unit for us.
Good Morning
We need the camper for the areas we get into, larger RV s won't go. In 1900 I bought a new truck to pull a 5th wheel, to the RV lot and came home with a new Class C. We really enjoyed it but back to the camper.
Off to Spokane for 5 days, takes 5 hr to drive there, not taking the camper this time. Try do some X-Mas shopping.
cactus flats is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #16

Sorry, not 1900 but 1990, should check before I hit send
Old 11-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #17

[QUOTE=cactus flats;1816444]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus flats View Post
Used to live in Victoria on the Island but came to Osoyoos to retire. This summer went to the East Coast then headed West, from Chicago on we followed old Route 66, to the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, then North thru Utah. Loved the scenery. The 990 worked well, air cond. furnace, all good. TV is good but last thing on our things to do.
We keep the camper and truck in a large heated garage, what part of B.C. are U planning to visit next summer ?
I love Monument Valley and was there a few years ago. We hope to travel through there this spring. Utah looks amazing in pictures so is on my bucket list for that trip too.

Lived in Victoria too many years ago.

We are planning to visit the Okanagan, Caribou, maybe Kootenays and all the places that are hard to spell. LOL. We don't really plan where we are going just head out in a general direction and enjoy what happens.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #18

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Perfect Camper

It does not exist. Or should say it exists until you see a unit with that wow is that ever nice reaction, or I wish we had that on ours. I have as a contractor, built myself 17 homes over the years and am yet to have what I want,

I PLAN TO LIVE FOREVER. IT'S WORKING SO FAR.
Akibase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #19

BC has a lot of great places to enjoy, I would like to go back to the Island for awhile. We were always in a hurry to leave the Island. Now being retired we have the time.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus flats View Post
Sorry, not 1900 but 1990, should check before I hit send
Ya, I was wondering if it was horse drawn covered wagon
Old 11-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Let's see, we are on RV number 11 and while getting closer, it is not the perfect one. Not sure if you can find the perfect RV.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #22

It has taken us 4 yrs to get our TC. It is a 2003 Lance 1161 that we have owned for 8 days now. Looking forward to putting it into use. I don't know if there is a perfect RV or TC, but if you find one that you like and possibly will work for you. Go for it.
Ben & Ruth
bens170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #23

Take a look at Panther Truck Campers. They are hand built in Vancouver,Washington. If you call ask for Ethan or Rich phone 360-693-1398.
H-Rambler25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #24

Seems like some missed my post #7………..

I agree there is no "perfect camper" but I found what I think will be great. I bought a 2007 Arctic Fox 990 that was owned by a fussy perfectionist. It was kept in a garage and used very little. Picking it up this week and then heading for the sunny south after Christmas for 3 or 4 months. I can hardly wait.