Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2002, 06:55 PM   #1

I'm so giddy right now, too bad you all can't see the smile on my face!

Stable lift is the answer I've been looking for. I finished my installation today and had the opprotunity to unload the camper from my truck. The camper's been there virtually since I bought it about nine months ago.

This thing is an engineering marvel. It works so good it's just simple! Kudos to Mont and to whoever else had a hand in the design.

I can't wait to take a trip with the camper and be able to leave it at the site while we're out sight seeing.

I was very put off by the price at first. Believe me IT'S WORTH IT
Jaseun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2002, 06:55 PM   #2

I'm so giddy right now, too bad you all can't see the smile on my face!

Stable lift is the answer I've been looking for. I finished my installation today and had the opprotunity to unload the camper from my truck. The camper's been there virtually since I bought it about nine months ago.

This thing is an engineering marvel. It works so good it's just simple! Kudos to Mont and to whoever else had a hand in the design.

I can't wait to take a trip with the camper and be able to leave it at the site while we're out sight seeing.

I was very put off by the price at first. Believe me IT'S WORTH IT
Jaseun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 11:05 PM   #3

Jaseun,

Good luck with your new system. I'm curious to know if this is an upgrade to the four corner electric remote controlled Atwood screw jacks that Lance uses ? What could be more stable / easier to operate than a four corner remote system ?

Ron

98 3500 Diesel Ram QC 4x4
99 Lance 1110 Slide-On Camper
Old 12-29-2002, 05:24 AM   #4

I saw one of these used at the last campground just drop the thing off and when ready to leave just back under it and go!
Super nice system!
Chet

2000 F350 Lariat Limited Edition, dually, crew cab, auto trans. with Banks Stinger kit and a 2000 Cardinal 32RKBS 5th wheel.
Old 12-29-2002, 02:32 PM   #5

Any tips learned, or problems needed to overcome on installation? Mine is in the shed, but won't go on until spring.

95 F250HD/SC/SRW 7.5l
00 Shadow Cruiser 850
99 Seaswirl 2600 W/A
captnbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 03:41 PM   #6

Congratulations on your Stable Lift installation. I think you will be very happy with it and the ease and safety of loading and unloading your slide in.

I have had mine on for nearly 3 months and am looking forward to using it's capabilities on our annual trip to AZ. In the past we have always left the slide in on the truck because it was such a hassle to unload and reload. Now we can drop it off in less than five minutes and be on our way to Mexico for fun and relaxation.

Dewdo in the other Washington

2000 Dodge Ram 3500 dually with cummins diesel, Automatic, 4:10, BD exhaust brake, Auto Loc, DTT TC/VB, VA Box, Boost module/elbow, 4" exhaust, 14 cm turbo housing + All goodies including leather.
1992 King Of the Road fiver, 2000 11.5 Arctic Fox slide in with all the goodies. Stalbe Lift jack system.
clecogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 04:54 AM   #7

Can the stable lift system work on unlevel surfaces? Specifically, where it rests on the ground does it have to be flat, and what kind of overall ground slope is it's safe limit? Thanks.
dshowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 07:28 AM   #8

Great question!

I'm using the jacks that come on the BigFoot and
once unloaded on a very unlevel spot.

No problem getting the camper off if you watch
the overall leveling and so forth. *But* I was
pinching a bit getting it back on. I swore then
only to unload on the most level platform available.

I just couldn't keep the pick up stable enough
in backing to keep my 'cues' in place. Maybe it's different sliding into a pickup bed as opposed to
my flat bed, but I've only got an inch or so of
leeway each way between my storage boxes. Piece of cake when level...exciting when lumpy.

Be interesting to see what other guys say.

Rick Waldbart
RWaldbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 08:08 AM   #9

I've got the Atwood wireless remote jacks on my Lance, and they've worked great unloading/loading on uneven sites. You just need to be carefull not to back over/across a large bump/rock that'll pitch the truck too much when pulling out from underneath the camper.

When loading back up,I've got to 'pre-set' the camper. In other words, the camper is sitting level on uneven ground, then you want to load it up, raise it up and back the truck up close to the front end. Stand at the rear, and see which way left or right the truck is pitched, and adjust the legs on the camper so that it slightly leans the same way the truck is pitched. Back halfway under the camper, and check again the clearances between truck and camper and adjust as necessary.

I love these things!

'01 Dodge 2500 4x4 QuadCab HO Cummins 6 spd. pickup
'01 Lance 810 slide in, all weather pkg, convience pkg, awnings side and rear, microwave, oven, A/C, dual batteries, 13" AC/DC TV/VCR,
Dinosaur board in Dometic, Honda EU2000 generator.

Tow-6x12 Interstate Cargo trailer (steam train)
-6x8 Tuffy utility trailer (track speeder)

Semper Fi RVN
'01 Dodge 2500 4x4 QuadCab HO Cummins 6 spd. pickup, slightly BOMBed, Rancho 9000 shocks, 4 leaf helper springs, Helwig Sway bar, 19.5in. wheels w/load range H tires, Reese Titan V hitch w/28 in. extension.
[img]https://www.cummins.com/images/C.gif[/
roadranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 03:50 AM   #10
JJ

If any of you folks converting to stablelift want to get rid of your atwood electric jacks let me know.

-jj

2003 GMC Sierra LTS 3500 4x4 dually, Duramax/Allison, ExCab, Long Box, Tork-Lifts.
2001 Palomino Maverick 8801 (8-1/2 ft)
Old 01-02-2003, 12:21 PM   #11

Hi, I am Mont Peter's President of Stable~Lift corporation. I would like to address a couple of your questions for you.

dshowan: We've unloaded on 20 degree boat launches before. But as to a safe limit... we feel that a 10 in. slope is fine. The camper's overall average leveling from end to end is usually about a foot. Side to side leveling capacity is usually about 7in.

captnbob: When you take your camper out and begin your installation take the time to give me a call. Shadow Cruiser is a fairly easy install.

Nice talking with you guys again. Give us a call here at Stable~Lift if you have any other questions. 1-800-587-4852
Mont Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 10:27 AM   #12

Mont,

I currently have the HappiJac jacks, but I am always interested in ways to improve the loading/unloading process. I had a few questions about Stable Lift product that I could not answer at your site:

Anchoring: So you drive over these bars and they rise up and contact the underside of your truck. What do they contact under there? Is there no need for a spring loaded approach?

Using Guides: The most challenging part of loading is to get the camper over the truck bed in the right spot. I have found the angled metal guides greatly help with this and allow me to be up to 2" off and end up perfect. To avoid camper and jack damage, however, it is necessary to have the jack feet skate freely on stainless steel 10"x10"x1/4" pads after I remove the jack foot to pad bolts. Can guides be used with your product?

thanks for your answers...

01 F350 DRW V10 5spd SC 4x2 3.73, Line-x, Rancho 9ks, LTX M/S,tork-lift Super Hitch, 01 Summerwind 811S, Dauntless 15 Boston Whaler
Old 01-03-2003, 12:27 PM   #13

Slide-Home,
Anchoring: Yes, you do drive over the bars and they rise up. They come into contact with four brackets called saddle brackets that are mounted to the frame of the truck. The bottom of the lift is comprised of three metal tubes under the front and back of the truck. Each tube is bolted at either end with one bolt. The tubing has enough tolerance, and being that it is only bolted with one bolt the lift has flex. This allows for the give needed to keep from putting undue stress on your camper.

Using Guides: Our system will allow for the use of guides to some extent.

Give us a call if you have any other questions. 1-800-587-4852
Mont Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 01:11 PM   #14

I have been very tempted to buy a stable lift - especially after paying ~ $3000 to replace my manual jack mountings after having a "soft" corner problem. When I checked the web site it stated that the stable lift will not work with slidein slide-outs. Has this changed?
Flashman is offline   Reply With Quote