Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:58 AM   #1

Good Day Everyone!
Just stumbled upon your forum site and thought I'd give it a go. It looks as though there's lots of good information to be gained by hanging around here.
Speaking of information - my current "man cave" camper is of an unknown origin, and I'd love to hear from anyone who may know anything about it.
I purchased my slide-in truck camper from a family who had it sitting on there property for a couple of years; open to the elements and available for cavorting by critters of all description. I purchased it on the cheap and have been working since February 2007 to clean it up and get it ready for trips to the desert. The previous owners knew nothing of its origin either as they were not the original owners. The only identifying marks on it are two (one each side) very old and cracked decals stating "Custom Built by Halleckraft". I've done searches every which way I know how, but cannot find any information regarding that name. I feel it's safe to assume that it may have been put together by someone in the garage over the winter many moons ago (1960's?) from a kit, as there are no identification or registration plates with model or serial numbers. And it's heavy - all wood construction. If anyone knows "Mr. Halleck" or anything regarding this camper, please let me know. I'd really appreciate it, if for no other reason than to satisfy a curiosity.
I look forward to hanging out with you all for a while. Thanks for the forum. Happy Camping!

motordjbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2007, 03:58 AM   #2

Good Day Everyone!
Just stumbled upon your forum site and thought I'd give it a go. It looks as though there's lots of good information to be gained by hanging around here.
Speaking of information - my current "man cave" camper is of an unknown origin, and I'd love to hear from anyone who may know anything about it.
I purchased my slide-in truck camper from a family who had it sitting on there property for a couple of years; open to the elements and available for cavorting by critters of all description. I purchased it on the cheap and have been working since February 2007 to clean it up and get it ready for trips to the desert. The previous owners knew nothing of its origin either as they were not the original owners. The only identifying marks on it are two (one each side) very old and cracked decals stating "Custom Built by Halleckraft". I've done searches every which way I know how, but cannot find any information regarding that name. I feel it's safe to assume that it may have been put together by someone in the garage over the winter many moons ago (1960's?) from a kit, as there are no identification or registration plates with model or serial numbers. And it's heavy - all wood construction. If anyone knows "Mr. Halleck" or anything regarding this camper, please let me know. I'd really appreciate it, if for no other reason than to satisfy a curiosity.
I look forward to hanging out with you all for a while. Thanks for the forum. Happy Camping!

Old 11-20-2007, 04:11 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Motordjbear, welcome to iRV2.

There have been so many pickup campers that have come and gone over the years.

I've linked your post to the Slide-In section.

Perhaps one of our members can answer your question.

I started out in a Real Lite, another brand that has gone by the wayside.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:58 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome motordbear to irv2 and check out the Vintage forum you may find some info there.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:37 AM   #5

Thanks for the welcomes. I will check each section and see what I come up with.