Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:49 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Scott, great deal on the camper doing a great job bring it back to life .

93 Monaco Dynasty 300HP (for now)
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2015, 10:20 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4Runner View Post
Need more triangulation on those binders or you'll kill a bus load if nuns, something something.

Your daughter is really growing up! She'll be camping with you a lot in the coming years. My girls love it.

Which LEDs did you use? Digital cameras are sometimes frustrating, but it really shows the real stove intensity is about the same.
Here's the ones I bought. So far, I like them. We'll see how they do for the long haul, but they work for now.

Amazon.com: HOT SYSTEMâ„¢ 1156 7506 1003 1141 LED SMD 18 LED Bulbs Interior RV Camper White 10-pack: Automotive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Scott, great deal on the camper doing a great job bring it back to life .
Harley, I'm working on it as I can... It needs some attention, that's for sure, but your restoration thread on your rig has inspired me!

poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:29 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Scott, that's great, I still need to swap out the 1141 bulbs in the fixtures I installed. Its amazing how something can sit in the desert and still be usable here in the northeast it would be pile of mush.
93 Monaco Dynasty 300HP (for now)
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:59 AM   #18

Got a little bit done today. The bathroom fan was disintegrated, so, for the price of shipping, I was offered a stock fan from a Lance travel trailer from a guy that had upgraded. Replaced the fan, and used the vent trim to replace broken vent trim over my dinette vent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	e7751dfef19c7ce5c6c984d4888c595b.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	98590   Click image for larger version

Name:	vent.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	98591  

Old 06-28-2015, 12:11 PM   #19

Hooked up my BBQ propane tank to the camper, and managed to light the stove pilot and the oven pretty easily. The generator would not fire, and the fridge would not light on propane. I haven't had a lot of time to diagnose the problem, but I'm hoping to spend a little more time on it later. I have the fridge plugged into shore power, and it works fine on that.. go figure. I'm sure it's something simple.. it usually is.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	stove.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	98592  
Old 07-04-2015, 02:15 PM   #20

Managed to run the stove top for a little bit by hooking one of my BBQ tanks to the camper lines and push all the air out of all the lines, and got the fridge to light on propane! One small step for man, one huge leap for my camper....

Old 08-01-2015, 03:00 PM   #21

Got some more work done today, cleaned it up and started packing for the inaugural camping trip coming up in 2 weeks. I sanitized and filled the fresh water tank, ran the pump for a while with all faucets on, and can't get water to come out of the faucets. I'm thinking I need to either figure out how to prime the pump, or hook up to my city water connection and turn it on to purge all the air out of the system. Also changed the generator spark plug. Tomorrow I plan on hooking up the BBQ propane tank to see if I can get the generator to fire, and I'll see if I can resolve the issue with my water pump not pumping.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1438459230023.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	101778  
Old 08-07-2015, 07:19 AM   #22

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Project "Problem Child"

Quote:
Originally Posted by poriggity View Post
Got some more work done today, cleaned it up and started packing for the inaugural camping trip coming up in 2 weeks. I sanitized and filled the fresh water tank, ran the pump for a while with all faucets on, and can't get water to come out of the faucets. I'm thinking I need to either figure out how to prime the pump, or hook up to my city water connection and turn it on to purge all the air out of the system. Also changed the generator spark plug. Tomorrow I plan on hooking up the BBQ propane tank to see if I can get the generator to fire, and I'll see if I can resolve the issue with my water pump not pumping.

On your pump, I had a pickup line leaking air (actually it was the winterizing valve) and causing my pump not to work. It could be the pump would need replaced from lack of use so I would try your idea of putting on a hose on the camper and get your water flowing.

I have been following your saga of reconditioning your truck camper with interest. DW and I have considered trading our Class A in for a Dodge one ton and a 10' all season TC. Our concern is our age and knees climbing the steps into it. My MH actually has about as many steps and fewer parts to fix! Lol!

Alan Wilson

2001 HR Scepter 38 PBD