Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2014, 08:57 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Replaced yellow vent cover

I picked up my new 996 Truck Camper in June of 2013… and not very long after the vent cover yellowed and faded badly… please see attached picture.

Not only is this vent cover badly yellowed… it does not stay shut properly and vibrates with any wind or venting in the camper. I had to put a Styrofoam piece in to hold the cover closed and stop the vibration. You can just see a bit of it in the picture.

As you see in the picture, I replaced it with what you now see. I taped the old one up next to it so you can see the comparison. This is used on all the Casita travel trailers.

Just thought I would share...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1130212.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	53839  
Zbugsii is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2014, 07:39 AM   #2

Those look much better anyway. Forest River is using those on their Coachmen's too.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:50 AM   #3

Zbugsii, Where and/or from who can this item be purchased?

Thanks!
larrybluhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:28 PM   #4

I recently replaced a yellowed vent cover on my Lance. The lady at the RV parts store (she and her husband have worked at RV dealers most of their lives) told me it's such a common problem they suggest painting the new one with a white paint for plastics. I thought that was pretty ingenious.
Ron
rlux4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replace, vent