Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2004, 05:26 PM   #1

Who is using a spray in type liner in the bed of there truck? What brand? Are you happy with it? Any concerens before I have mine done? I am using just a rubber matt now the bed liner was moving around causing the camper to shift and wearing through the paint in my bed. How much is fair price for under the rail short bed without tailgate? A lot of questions I know. Thanks in advance. Scotty.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2004, 05:26 PM   #2

Who is using a spray in type liner in the bed of there truck? What brand? Are you happy with it? Any concerens before I have mine done? I am using just a rubber matt now the bed liner was moving around causing the camper to shift and wearing through the paint in my bed. How much is fair price for under the rail short bed without tailgate? A lot of questions I know. Thanks in advance. Scotty.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:34 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
Scotty, I don't know the brand name of the liner that was sprayed in my truck. I had it done by the dealer I bought it from, and he took care of it. The last truck I had I had the Rhino Liner sprayed in it. The cost on it was around $350. I would not have a truck without the sprayed in liner. It is great. Nothing you put back there slides around, and they are great at protecting the bed. No dents, no paint getting scraped, and something I think that is really great NO RUST. IMHO I think you should go for it. No matter the cost it is worth it, and in some instances it can even add to the resale value of the truck.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:48 AM   #4

drop in liners are a bad choice for hauling a camper, as you've found out. My only caution is that you need to continue to use a rubber mat over your new spray-in liner in order to keep the camper from shifting.

Dave
Old 11-30-2004, 07:59 AM   #5

I have a Line-X spray in liner. Got it done when the truck was new. Love it.
It went down before my 5th wheel rails went in.
After 5 years it still looks good.
Chet
Old 11-30-2004, 02:06 PM   #6

We are on our second Sierra with a Rihno liner. It was sprayed within two days of taking delivery of the truck. We have a Lance 1010 and it doesn't move with the sprayed in lining. As jdoc said our lining was as nice when we traded the truck at 95,000 miles as when it was new.

we don't do anything but we do it real well.
R. O. Walton, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 05:32 PM   #7

I have Line-X. Both Rhino & Line-X are good. Line-X is a little harder, Rhino is a little less slippery. Spray the tail gate also. Make them remove all the hardware (bolts, tie-downs, panels, etc) before they spray. Make sure they leave your bed drain holes open or your camper will be setting in standing water.

The most important thing is the quality of the application, bed prep, etc. Don't let them trim the stuff with a carpet knife and cut your paint down to the metal. Go to the shop and look at some vehicles they just finished, not their display truck.....look closely, very closely.

Good Luck,
BradW
'96 Lance 500, '01 F-350 Powerstroke SC 4X4 SRW, Rancho 9000's, Air Lift Air Springs, Titan Hitch w/24" extension, Happijac Tie-downs, Line-X Bed Liner, 18' Bumble Bee / 150 ProV Yamaha, 16' Aluminum / 35 Honda
BradW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 04:29 PM   #8

Thank you all my truck should go in this weekend if all go's weel. Scotty.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:25 AM   #9

Foxr-

It seemed like Rhino lining was a bit more rubbery. The lin-x was harder. I have had both. My choice with a camper will always be Rhino lining.

Tom

03 Palomino Bronco 1250
TJ Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 09:04 AM   #10

Rhino only here too!
Had my 92 diesel dually CTD Dodge done at 100k miles of heavy towing in mid 97. Another almost 200k miles and it is still bulletproof, despite six years of fulltime travel, and various loads of equipment and sundry gravel, dirt, etc. loads. I chose black because it weathers to a nice charcoal requiring no upkeep. However, I have a few times siliconed it for appearance and it looked like new. But the increased slipperiness was not worth it.

Brad recommended the tailgate be done too and I agree with him. But one more suggestion. Have them do the tops of the box/bed walls too. Instead of protective rails or paint that scratches, the Rhino will always be there. Mine has never turned loose at the edges, had a section cut out, or anything. I doubt it could be removed with tools it adheres so well.

If you order the top of the box sides to be done, they cut it very nicely, so it looks great too.
RV Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:13 PM   #11

I agree with doing the tops of the bedrails. Before I had my done, I managed to put a small dent about the size of a quarter on the rear top corner of the bedrail along with a scape down the top of the rail. When they did my spray in, they filled the dent and sprayed over it. The cost of the spray in liner was the same as it would have cost to fix the dent.

2005 Ford F350 Diesel
The Sequel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:55 PM   #12

Thanks all, I still haven't got my truck in yet1 Every time I schedule it we get snow and I need the 4x4.