Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:21 PM   #1

Had my slide in top coated with RINO coating like they put in truck beds , great stuff, Tuff as nails, Do it b/4 you get a leak ,

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2008, 08:21 PM   #2

Had my slide in top coated with RINO coating like they put in truck beds , great stuff, Tuff as nails, Do it b/4 you get a leak ,

Old 06-10-2008, 06:09 AM   #3
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pawpaw:
Had my slide in top coated with RINO coating like they put in truck beds , great stuff, Tuff as nails, Do it b/4 you get a leak , </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting. Do you have any pics?
Old 06-16-2008, 01:42 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
How flexible is Rhino coating? Yer roof flexes a fair amount and the rhino may crack at the joints in the roofing if it can't flex sufficiently.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:22 PM   #5

By the way Joseph, It looks like you are breathing life into that TC. From the looks of it "and" the truck, you've come a long way...Congrats!
219RKS Idle Time 5th Wheel, Outfitter Apex-8 Truck Camper, 2012 Ford F250 Lariat 6.2 gas e/w Air Lift Load Lifter 5000. We have visited all 50 states and all of the Canadian Provinces & seen all 5 of the Great Lakes since retiring in 1994.
magic43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
It sure has. Other than a small leak that took forever to find, its been a joy.

Right before taking up Most-timing in it for work, I tore the skin off the wall next to the dinette, added some more framing, new foil wrapped foam board insulation, and 1/4" Cedar Luann board. Painted on four coats of paint to seal it up real good, then used polyurethane adhesive and SS screws to reattach it to the wall. Used some paints caulk to hide the screw holes, painted on the final coat of paint (3 coats, 1 primer, 2 top were put on before it was installed, back was left bare so the glue was holding wood to wood) then attached some nice window trim.

At the same time I upgraded my bathroom a bit with a new toilet and added a nice medicine cabinet.

I've turned many a wrench on this truck, some of the design ideas Chrysler had in 1992 confound me to no end sometimes. She's now happily purring to 140k without burning or leaking a drop. Still got plenty of work to do on her, both pumpkins need to be drained and refilled that oil in there has seen a lot of miles. Transmission needs a good flush, and I'd wager the transfer case could probably do with fresh fluid as well.

The most pressing thing on her right now is the tail pipe has rusted clean through and fell off. Mercifully, its all clamped together, but still gonna be a headache to get that rusted clamp loose.

'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is online now   Reply With Quote