Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #15
At this point, I'm just about finish. I'm in the head at this time. Had to install a new roof vent there. The more I looked around, I seen that most if not all sealing was in need of replacing. That and along with the counter top too. It looks like the shower was never used much, but I could be wrong there. The head itself had a bit of shake to it, so a new gasket was bought for that. There is a shower curtain slide track in front of the door,but only one clip hanging on the track. Don't know were I could find replacements for that. Anybody?

On the outside, there are plastic strippings that go around each window and doors that cover screws. Don't know of the name of that or were one can get it , anybody?

I did get a chance to hook up the running lights which didn't work. Had a bit of a bear of a time getting that right. I still don't know for sure, but I do have running lights, turning and brake lights. No back up lights yet. Of course I found out that the green wire feeds the tail lights and the overhead/side line lights. Both tail lights had 1 along with 1 yellow to each side.There was only one brown to one tail light and no feed to the other which should be the running light. Not so! And of course there was 1 white to each tail light.

So, to get them suckers to work, I put the brown from my truck to the green( running and overhead lights), green from my truck to the brown(left turning light) Yellow from my truck to the one yellow on the right turning light. White to white(ground) They all work! next is to set up a higher gauge wire to feed 12V power from my truck. Thery only have a 12 ga wire now. Not happy with that. I also found out that the inverter will charge a batter from shore power, but there was never a battery installed in the camper. No wires from the inverter were installed. I don't know if I will install a battery though due to were one would have to install one which is inside the camper.

Sorry about not getting any pictures posted up, but alot has been happing with the camper and also the family. I will try in the future. Hope if the wife can walk in two weeks, I plan to do a short road trip for a weekend.

fishfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!