Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:38 AM   #29
We chose Sirius because it has a great deal of NPR and PRI programming. XM has a very limited public radio offering and includes none of our favorite shows. Gotta have "Talk of the Nation", Diane Rehm, "A Prairie Home Companion", "Car Talk,"Fresh Air", etc.

Dave Rudisill
2004 Beaver Monterey - Fulltiming since August 2002
Denali is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2005, 10:43 PM   #30
XM experience after 12 weeks on the road....

I believe I may have started this topic in March. Anyway here are our experiences with xm

1. quality of programming excellent during our trips across the USA and back; we found that all the tv cable news stuff useful early in the morning as we first started out.

2. coverage: except for OR, we had no problems...the unit connected with the satellite almost immediately. Strangely we had problems in central OR...several times we lost signal.

3. We bought tuner holders for both truck and the camper, moving the tuner into the camper during long rest breaks or during the evening. But we soon found out that with the tuner in the truck and turned on that the camper radio connected with the radio (coud not of course change the channels from the camper)...so most of the time we brought the tuner into the camper.

4. Still have not figured out how to use the remote..but we did not try that hard.

5. Since returning from our trip, we bought the home kit (inside antenna) to use xm in our house. Works fine...had to find a good spot for the antenna...it took a little time to fine a spot that would sense the signal.

5. To leverage the cost we bought 2 year subscription...I think we are paying ~9/mo.

Overall, very satisfied. IWD

Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 05:56 PM   #31
We have XM in all the cars and a portable one in the MH we also listen to sirius thru dish. If the SEC stays on Sirius I will have to get a subscription as XM has PAC 10 and ACC sports.
Personally they both have the talk and news channels so I don't see any difference there just the sports as I said before. My son likes the sirius music channels better
Rick and Suzanne Bendinger

2006 Revolution LE (40L)
Rick Bendinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 01:12 PM   #32
Texas Boomers Club
I have had Sirius for over two years and like it. I VERY rarely listen to broadcast radio. I made a trip to central Wyoming last September and enjoyed listening to The Texans playing while hundreds of miles away. I am sure XM is fine, but I do enjoy the sports on Sirius. Howard Stern can be offensive but he can also be humorous. I couldn't imagine being without Sat Radio. News Weather Sports, no static, and listen to the same channel across the USA.

Cookieman is offline   Reply With Quote