Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-17-2004, 06:53 PM   #1

Does anyone know of any factory still making a "Sleeper Shell" for pickups? I'm not talking about the Semi sleeper cabs... I'm referring to those 1/2 shells that used to be popular for pickups that I still see around on some trucks. I've been looking on the net all day & can't find anyone who still makes them..I've tried SnugTop, Leer, ARE, Century, GlassTite, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Phoenix, AZ
Sixgunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2004, 06:53 PM   #2

Does anyone know of any factory still making a "Sleeper Shell" for pickups? I'm not talking about the Semi sleeper cabs... I'm referring to those 1/2 shells that used to be popular for pickups that I still see around on some trucks. I've been looking on the net all day & can't find anyone who still makes them..I've tried SnugTop, Leer, ARE, Century, GlassTite, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Phoenix, AZ
Old 09-22-2004, 06:24 PM   #3

Sixgunz, I haven't seen a new one for years. I did see one on an old 91 Dodge 2500 this summer. I dont know if anyone still makes them. Try and look for used and have fixed up. Scotty.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:57 PM   #4

Sixgunz, try www.callencamper.com they have totally custom made models to your liking.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:00 PM   #5

Thanks for all the replies. This company, Pape Enterprises, builds sleepers, however they will not build one that goes down to the bottom of the bed with a rear door. They will only build one that the floor that runs on top of the bed. They don't want to make one where a human could ride for liability purposes.

So, I'll check our callencamper & give em a call.

FYI, here's Pape's website:

http://www.pape-ent.com/

Phoenix, AZ
Old 01-31-2005, 07:30 PM   #6

Here is 2 sites that build sleepers for p/u's,

www.cowtownsleepers.com
www.mckinleyconversions.com
Old 04-04-2006, 03:34 AM   #7

highly recommend the cowtown company. have had a shell and topper. great product by a great company.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:08 AM   #8

I didn't see this thread before. I purchased a Cargobody in 2004. I selected it because it's moulded fiberglass, I'm one person, and I wanted to follow the keep it simple plan. Or $ for trips vs. $ for toys. Many things were customized to suit me. 3 cu. ft fridge, Fletner Vent for the dog who rides in it, etc.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:07 PM   #9

yes I do go to www.cowtownsleepers

.com
Old 04-02-2007, 04:11 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sixgunz:

Anyone have any suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yes cowtownsleepers.com
Old 11-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #11

I have one. It looks like 1/3 of camper shell. Has a mattress etc. You can crawl in it from the truck through the sliding window of the truck. Let me know if you want to buy it. CHEAP! I'll try to find a manufacture too if you would like-------------let me know