Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-23-2005, 10:12 PM   #1

I, and a few others are encountering a problem on our year 2001 1121's. I am looking for anyone else that have had the problem.

The problem is a crack developing in one or all three of three places. The corners of the refrig. cover, the lower corners of the slide opening. In addition, a sag or bow of the lowest part of the area below the slide. In mine, the sag is about 5/8 of an inch. It seems to be caused by water getting in at the bottom of the slide and rotting the main beam below the slide. Please post if you have any of the problems and what year you have. There seems to be some sort of factory defect cropping up in 2001 units.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2005, 10:12 PM   #2

I, and a few others are encountering a problem on our year 2001 1121's. I am looking for anyone else that have had the problem.

The problem is a crack developing in one or all three of three places. The corners of the refrig. cover, the lower corners of the slide opening. In addition, a sag or bow of the lowest part of the area below the slide. In mine, the sag is about 5/8 of an inch. It seems to be caused by water getting in at the bottom of the slide and rotting the main beam below the slide. Please post if you have any of the problems and what year you have. There seems to be some sort of factory defect cropping up in 2001 units.

Old 05-25-2005, 07:35 AM   #3

I found the source for the water that has gotten into the wall near my slide. It is the reefer drain hose. When it was installed at the factory they neglected to seal it properly and it was allowing water to go into the wall.

I urge all of you, not just 1121 owners, to check and make sure your drain cannot allow water to invade the wall. I was fooled as water would drip normal out of the outlet but had no idea it was also getting to the interior. I am looking at rot in the framing and delamination of the side wall plus a noticable sag under the slide. For the lack of a dab of sealant at the factory I am facing a weakened or ruined camper.