Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:39 PM   #15

I don't see why not! We would be glad to have you and your uncle at the rally. You could always say that you were interested in diesels. Heck, the president of FOKISD (the Ford Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana Super Duty club) owns a V-10!

"Responsibility is the price of freedom" ~~ Michael Cloud
Adk Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2005, 07:42 PM   #16
I have just gone through this dilema,I have a F450 with a bigfoot 3000 camper.
You must not put some contraption on the front end as this cuts down the air flow to the engine.
I used to have a small container which plugged into my hitch receiver at the back,I modified the container to now be a 7 foot accross carrier and about 3 foot out ,so a large 30 in diameter spare sits on this and i have doors that fold down to access the spare and whatever else i want to store (ie a barbique).I did not know how to imbed a photo here or I would have.
I added 2 more hitch receivers to the rear of the truck,so this container plugs into 3 hitch receivers ,lots of strength.
Its going to be great for the spare ,levelling planks and maybe a fishing pole

stankern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 12:34 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Now that's some "iron" on the back of the truck!
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 37WDS
2003 Honda Goldwing Trike
CyberVet65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 02:35 PM   #18
We have a front hitch from J C Whitney with the tire carring adapter. We have driven 100,000 miles with a tire in front with out an over heating problem.

we don't do anything but we do it real well.
R. O. Walton, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:01 AM   #19
Take your jack handle to a welding shop and get them to cut you a short piece of stock the same diamiter so you can use a rachet wrench to lower and raise the spare. That worked on my Dodge. Maybe other makes use something different. Rob

99 3500 cummins gauges.running boards, class 5 hitch,doubledeep
ralbert is offline   Reply With Quote