I bought the Summerwind 811S this year. My first slidein, so my opinions are not seasoned. I am on the east coast, dealers are scarce. I worked with John Skeene at Summerwind to convince a local RV dealer to try the line. I bought it without ever seeing one.
I am pleased with it so far. The quality of construction and finish is good. I went with the smallest serious one they have, the 811S with the slideout. Also hard sides, low prof AC, Microwave, insulated windows,bumper,battery,stereo,upgraded fridge/cabinetry,power slide/jacks, etc. Also the grey water valve option as you know they have the one 41 gal black tank and 40 gal fresh. As with most companies the brochures have weights for stripped models. The 811S is around 2k in the brochure and 3k as above shipped dry.
What I like:
1. built for new ford cab height
2. ford spare access even with bumper
3. alum. frame
4. well insulated
5. sliding bathroom door allows access with slideout in
6. bed has headroom (thanks to the basement)
What I don't like:
1. The sewer hose access (on the 811S anyway) is behind an access door that you would not want to leave open as it exposes the basement. I made a door insert with a hole to allow the hose to exit.
2. The tank level indicators are only four lights and keep you guessing about the actual level.
I'm having a hard time believing it's 41 gal, I may check it one day.
3. The 10" basement makes it a tall unit.
4. The 2-way fridge was a suprise. We use an ice cooler in transit.
5. On the 811S, job one is to convert the wardrobe into a pantry with shelves.
hope this helps,
01 F350 DRW V10 5spd SC 4x2 3.73, Line-x, Rancho 9ks, LTX M/S, Summerwind 811S
01 F350 DRW V10 5spd SC 4x2 3.73, Line-x, Rancho 9ks, LTX M/S,tork-lift Super Hitch, 01 Summerwind 811S, Dauntless 15 Boston Whaler