Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-08-2007, 05:59 PM   #1

I tried to sell this on eBay & couldn't. So if you want to pay for shipping, I'll ship it to you vs throwing it in the trash. Below is the text from the eBay ad. Since I got the idea off this board I figured I'd give back.

I made this when I had my 2002 F350 Superduty and Lance Cabover camper. This fits the factory spare tire lock (they're all the same, I'm told). The factory spare tire crank mechanism cannot be accessed when there's a camper installed - the long rod used to crank the spare tire down is too long to slide down the tube when a cabover camper is hanging down in the back (as almost all of them do).

I know this fits the 1999-2004 series F250 & F350 superduties that have a spare tire lock. I don't know if it fits other years or not.

This was made out of a factory Ford spare tire lock key, and craftsman 3/8" extensions with swivel. It's all been welded together and sprayed with cold zinc galvanizing compound to prevent rust. Both the camper and truck have long since been sold and this is no longer needed.

Don't be caught by surprise! Don't be forced to offload your camper on the side of the highway with a flat tire! This uses a standard 3/8" ratchet to raise & lower the spare tire. Fortunately I never had to use it on the side of the highway, but did use it in my driveway to test it out - just as I thought, the swivel in the middle of the two extensions allow the key to slide down the spare tire crank tube & miss the camper. It works GREAT! Note: ratchet is not included.

If you want to see the (now expired) eBay ad, click here

I didn't see a place in the classifieds to post free stuff, so forgive me if this is the wrong place.

PM me if you're interested. First person responding gets it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2007, 05:59 PM   #2

I tried to sell this on eBay & couldn't. So if you want to pay for shipping, I'll ship it to you vs throwing it in the trash. Below is the text from the eBay ad. Since I got the idea off this board I figured I'd give back.

I made this when I had my 2002 F350 Superduty and Lance Cabover camper. This fits the factory spare tire lock (they're all the same, I'm told). The factory spare tire crank mechanism cannot be accessed when there's a camper installed - the long rod used to crank the spare tire down is too long to slide down the tube when a cabover camper is hanging down in the back (as almost all of them do).

I know this fits the 1999-2004 series F250 & F350 superduties that have a spare tire lock. I don't know if it fits other years or not.

This was made out of a factory Ford spare tire lock key, and craftsman 3/8" extensions with swivel. It's all been welded together and sprayed with cold zinc galvanizing compound to prevent rust. Both the camper and truck have long since been sold and this is no longer needed.

Don't be caught by surprise! Don't be forced to offload your camper on the side of the highway with a flat tire! This uses a standard 3/8" ratchet to raise & lower the spare tire. Fortunately I never had to use it on the side of the highway, but did use it in my driveway to test it out - just as I thought, the swivel in the middle of the two extensions allow the key to slide down the spare tire crank tube & miss the camper. It works GREAT! Note: ratchet is not included.

If you want to see the (now expired) eBay ad, click here

I didn't see a place in the classifieds to post free stuff, so forgive me if this is the wrong place.

PM me if you're interested. First person responding gets it.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:56 PM   #3

if it is still available , i'm interested
Old 01-13-2007, 07:06 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
derfm welcome to irv2
As you find camper and new tools you can post in your profile.
Enjoy the forums and post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote