Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #1

The Chalet OregenCamper cab over

I was poking around Chalet's web site and found a brochure for the OregonCamper pop up cab over camper. http://www.chaletrv.com/brochures/camper_brochure.pdf

I was wondering what people new about these campers? Can a 1/2 Silverado work truck handle one of these? The specs on my truck say not to put a cab over on it but since the center of gravity on this camper is much lower and the weight capacity is within the limits of my truck I'm curious if I could handle this camper?

I'm consider both this camper and the TrailManor Travel Trailers That Are Lightweight and Easy to Tow|Trailmanor Travel Trailers hard sided pop up tow able but would prefer a cab over if I can manage it.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks

gitarwmn
gitarwmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #2

With a set of airbags and maybe a heavy duty swaybar on a 1/2 ton i don't see why you couldn't haul it.

expecially if you already have the truck.

Dar
1STGENDAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:26 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Chalet apparently has put the Oregon Camper on hold. There was some publicity about it about 2007 or 2008 but then it just kind of dropped off the radar and is not shown in their current lineup. I'm not sure they ever actually went into production, and I suspect only a handful were built.

I just recently sent an email to them inquiring about the status of the Oregon Camper, but I have not received a reply yet. If and when I get a reply I'll let you know.

JP
Kurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
It's been three weeks now and no response from Chalet. They have no Facebook presence and their website pretty much sucks. The only contact information is an email address they don't respond to. No phone number or address. I'm pretty sure they're still in business since an RV dealer very near me has a large stock of new Chalet products. Apparently they're so busy they can't be bothered to talk to customers.

JP
Old 04-27-2011, 12:34 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Following a less than tactful follow-up, I finally got a response from Chalet, which is as follows:

"We are not currently making the Oregon Camper. We would custom build Oregon Campers in the Fall/Winter time frame if you were interested."

-
Old 04-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #6

Nice!!