Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:49 AM   #1
I don't quiet understand the huge difference in the number of visitors between the Open Forum and IRV2. Anyone?
Maybe the Slide-in Campers should be changed Truck Campers?

2001 Chev, K3500 dually, LT, CC, 8.1 L, Ally 1000

1998 Bigfoot 2500 10.6
Ayeedo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2007, 06:38 AM   #2
Good suggestion....this site use to be so active, HEMI

Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:46 AM   #3
I'm not sure what happened. I've sent a lot of people here for camper info. I think it's a self perpetuating problem - if less people are posting, then less people will stick around and post.

Harald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:08 AM   #4
Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
I don't know really 90% of the story, but something a while back caused a hemoraging of users from IRV2 to other forums. Pickup Camper folks in particular seemed to have bailed.

From the tid bits I got here and there, there was a either a problem of stagnation of discussion matter, or some form of rv class descrimination (I have no real clue, I'm confused on it) but I just remember in particular about 2-3 years back, alot of posts on Open Road referring to a displeasure with irv2, but unfortunately a lack of real content to go with the vague references.
'92 Dodge W250 "Dually" Power Wagon
KIT 1106 Kamper Slide-in Truck Camper
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:51 AM   #5
I am on this one and the open roads and the Arctic Fox groups I don't say a lot on any of them but the open roads does get the most traffic. Good info on all, on thing you don't have here is all bad mouthing of others comments that makes up about 30% of the open roads post.
'03 F350 DRW 6.0 auto

2003 A990S Arctic Fox
Don and Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:08 AM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

We here at iRV2 are willing to do whatever it takes to make EVERYONE'S experience the best possible...
As some of you may have noticed, we have been adding many different forums in the manufacturers area and quite possibly that might be something to consider.

We would love to hear from you.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:03 PM   #7
I check a lot of forums. There is more traffic on both rv.net & Natcoa, but the latter is a specific TC forum and the former is part of the Affinity mega conglomerate.

I agree slide-in is a misnomer. Although Tc's are commonly refered to as slide 0ns in Australia, I don't think anyone uses slide-in much anymore.
Paul Beddows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:40 AM   #8
I just joined and found the same thing as a first impression. I am a NATCOA subscriber as well and encourage cross pollination of RV'ers as the more information the better. I truly enjoy assisting people (if I can). I am a Huge Chevy Duramax Allison information source. Being I have one of the very first K3500 Dually's(made in 2000) released with the Dmax/Allison option. I have been down a lot of roads on tech issues, power enhancers. Beta testing different units. Tires, wheels. I have ~ 170K miles on my truck and it still looks and runs like new. So I can help there and have been buy the duramax section of this site. Most people have found the Dieselplace.com site and I have been a member since it launched. Was the "Grand Poobah" of the Dually Club.

My comment on the site is heavily weighted on the Coach arena. But thats Ok, I will drop by here from time to time.

I am the minimalist camper type anyway. Little Northstar 850SC Pop up camper. Never go to RV sites,usually boondock

2001 Chevrolet K3500 CC LB Dually

Dmax Dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #9
has anybody here found a good set of steps for a camper that doesnt have a back bumper? Those 4 and 5 step folding models seem pretty flimsey with nothing to hold onto.
realter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #10
Originally posted by realter:
has anybody here found a good set of steps for a camper that doesnt have a back bumper? Those 4 and 5 step folding models seem pretty flimsey with nothing to hold onto.
If you post that question as a separate thread you will have a much better chance of getting a useful reply.

There was recently a thread on this exact subject over on the "Truck Camper" forum on www.rv.net that you might want to check out.
Semper Fi

2007 F350, SC, LB, 4x4, SRW, 6.0/auto
Steve_in_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:30 PM   #11
I've been off line for awhile, but It seems to me 5 years ago or so you used to find lots of modifications on this site, and if you wanted to buy talk about which camper you wanted,or expensive mods, you could go to rv.net to find what to buy.
I think since some practical folks went to the other site might be why it fell off here. Seems to me Slide in Campers has always been the lowest hit of all rv types regardless of the forum.
dbkennel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #12
I believe over on RV.net that the TC Forum is actually one of the most active.
Semper Fi

2007 F350, SC, LB, 4x4, SRW, 6.0/auto
Steve_in_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #13
Don't need to wonder why with such low activity here, it's hardly worth stopping in here anymore....

Dale & Ellen
2011 Arctic Fox 1150 Truck Camper,2005 Dodge 3500 4X4 Dually W/Cummins, Ranger XP & more...
DandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:36 AM   #14
First, I agree, this should be called Truck Campers, I think that would help.

Second... this is just an observation, but I remember when irv2 used to have a separate Lance section. I'm not suggesting that necessarily come back, but there was a lot more traffic in both that area, and the regular "slide-in" area during that time.

The so-called "Lance Owners Forum" has been an absolute JOKE since it started. Lance itself has never promoted the group despite promises to do so. The guy who runs it allowed his original (.com) domain to be hijacked by his ISP, so he had to go create a new one, and that didn't help things either.

I don't like RV.net. There are way too many "holier than thou" types over there who can't stand people who have differing opinions. I've always liked irv2 and I will continue to come around.

I run several forums too (all powersports-related). Some are really busy, some aren't. It's the same thing -- you need posters to attract posters, so it's a catch-22. I haven't figured out the solution yet.

- 06 Keystone Raptor 3814SS

- 05 Dodge RAM 3500 QC 4x4 6sp
RobG is offline   Reply With Quote