Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-24-2005, 01:01 AM   #1

Or, slide-on truck campers.

Two of my e-friends have slide on truck campers. This is Poddy Dodger's.
It is on a Toyota Landcruiser (see Toyota Australia webpages) <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">as for a description, my truck is a drop side table-top or flat bed in your talk (!); the sides are taken off to load my camper which then sits on the floor of the truck, the camper is full width (2.120mm)/{83.5"} and is then held in place by four turnbuckles. My truck is also my work vehicle and having drop sides makes it very practical for loading/unloading etc.

I like the look of Cornelius new camper, it loads the same as mine and the mechanical jacks are then removed and stored, I'm not game to leave mine at home when we travel..... Murphy's Law you know. The big advantage of TC's like Cornelius and mine is we have full width floors and may be they are a bit easier to load also, not casting aspersions on yours of course, just an observation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It has also been posted at Expedition Campers

The other example comes from Europe. It is a Bekka

Cornelius, who lives in the Netherlands picked up a used one quite recently.

Cornelius is also a diy photographer. His complete album on this camper is at Cornelius Photo Album

So, they are all truck campers, but truck campers don't have to be slide-ins.

I wish I'd had a camera last week. I was in one of the malls in this area and saw this interesting rig. I just had to go look. The cab was occupied, so I went over and asked: "What is this rig used for?" "It's a camper," the driver said. The truck started life as dump truck, so the bed is Unimog height. The camper is custom made, can be removed, but the rig is only used as a camper.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2005, 01:01 AM   #2

Or, slide-on truck campers.

Two of my e-friends have slide on truck campers. This is Poddy Dodger's.
It is on a Toyota Landcruiser (see Toyota Australia webpages)
Quote:
as for a description, my truck is a drop side table-top or flat bed in your talk (!); the sides are taken off to load my camper which then sits on the floor of the truck, the camper is full width (2.120mm)/{83.5"} and is then held in place by four turnbuckles. My truck is also my work vehicle and having drop sides makes it very practical for loading/unloading etc.

I like the look of Cornelius new camper, it loads the same as mine and the mechanical jacks are then removed and stored, I'm not game to leave mine at home when we travel..... Murphy's Law you know. The big advantage of TC's like Cornelius and mine is we have full width floors and may be they are a bit easier to load also, not casting aspersions on yours of course, just an observation.
It has also been posted at Expedition Campers

The other example comes from Europe. It is a Bekka

Cornelius, who lives in the Netherlands picked up a used one quite recently.

Cornelius is also a diy photographer. His complete album on this camper is at Cornelius Photo Album

So, they are all truck campers, but truck campers don't have to be slide-ins.

I wish I'd had a camera last week. I was in one of the malls in this area and saw this interesting rig. I just had to go look. The cab was occupied, so I went over and asked: "What is this rig used for?" "It's a camper," the driver said. The truck started life as dump truck, so the bed is Unimog height. The camper is custom made, can be removed, but the rig is only used as a camper.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:40 AM   #3

Thumbs up

I drive a Mercedes Benz 1719AK truck with removable living unit through a air-pressure lift system. The system is built for commercial use - now setup as 4x4 expedition camper. Have a look at :

1719AK expedition truck

I know the BEKA brand quite well, still have a small slide-in unit. The're known for high quality rigid constructions but sometimes a bit too heavy when the terrain gets demanding. BEKA stopped for a while but it seems the're back again.

Cheers
Arno
TruckNomad is offline   Reply With Quote