Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Truck Camper Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #1

We done did it...

Well, we made the leap. After looking around for quite some time we decided to purchase a 2012 AF 992. Shoud be picking it up in a day or two. Just waiting for the tie downs and super hitch to arrive. Woo hoo!! Soon as we pick it up we'll be making our way to Yosemite for its first shakedown!

Stay tuned for an update.

One question.... Do most of you TC'ers swap the license plate back and forth between your truck and the camper?? Is there another way around it? It's not that big of a deal just curious what other folks do.

Happy camping,
Dino
Vintagercr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #2

Good luck with the new TC, don't forget to leave the tailgate home when picking it up for the first time. I swap my plate each time because it is illegal in my state to make a photo copy of it as some people do.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congrats on the purchase. Hope you really enjoy it. Sounds like a great shakedown trip as well, have fun.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #4

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Congratulations! I hope your enjoy your new camper
We purchased our first TC last Summer. I take my license plate off of the truck and put it on the camper every time I load it on the truck. I have to come up with something to remind me to put it back on the truck after I unload the camper. I have left home with out the plate before, luckily I did not get stopped while I was out.