Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:10 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvs4602 View Post
Ask the infamous question. What weighs more, a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers?
Or how about: which weighs more, a helium-filled balloon here on Earth or the same balloon on the Moon?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2019, 08:25 PM   #30

Hello all, Help me out 50 years ago my Father a Penn State professor had a calculator that look like a typewriter anyone familiar with this Machine just remember LED calculators were not made yet and when they came out they were about $75.00 each Thanks, Joe
the sights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:28 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
Went thru drive-in asking for a dozen burgers, looked at ticket as I handed her my card, and saw "Qty= 10".

And this is why she is flipping burgers for a living. You can't force kids to learn all you can do is lead them to the water, you can't make them drink it. She may learn in time, maybe not, but that doesn't mean she won't make a great author.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:46 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sights View Post
Hello all, Help me out 50 years ago my Father a Penn State professor had a calculator that look like a typewriter anyone familiar with this Machine just remember LED calculators were not made yet and when they came out they were about $75.00 each Thanks, Joe

Could have been a 'Burroughs'
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:34 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Could have been a 'Burroughs'
Thanks, yes that is it, Joe
the sights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:10 AM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
A dozen burgers?? Is weed legal where you live?

This is a totally legit question!
Old 09-06-2019, 10:41 PM   #35

It might have been a “comptometer” as made by Victor adding machine company, where my father was a tool and die maker and later an engineer.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:50 PM   #36

As a Clemson fan, we have a tradition of taking $2 bills (stamped with an orange tiger paw) to Bowl games. I went to my first Bowl game in 1977. Never had a problem until the last few years. I have been told that I was trying to pass counterfeit money. I had a kid call the cops in Miami at the 2015 Orange Bowl. The young cop thought they were fake as well. I told the cop he needed to get on the Internet and search before he made the mistake of falsely arresting me causing he, the MPD and the City of Miami the embarrassment and money I won in court suing for false arrest. SMH.
tigerGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:03 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfryman View Post
Or the infamous "couple of": Is that 3?
a couple is 2, a few is 3
Old 09-08-2019, 03:04 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerGUY View Post
As a Clemson fan, we have a tradition of taking $2 bills (stamped with an orange tiger paw) to Bowl games. I went to my first Bowl game in 1977. Never had a problem until the last few years. I have been told that I was trying to pass counterfeit money. I had a kid call the cops in Miami at the 2015 Orange Bowl. The young cop thought they were fake as well. I told the cop he needed to get on the Internet and search before he made the mistake of falsely arresting me causing he, the MPD and the City of Miami the embarrassment and money I won in court suing for false arrest. SMH.
And they are worried about Globe Warming, I`m worried about the Air Heads that are going to run things after we are gone to ruin my Grand kids. Yes Cow flatulent is a source of concern
BSHGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:19 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Yesterday at Home Depot we were trying to get some blinds cut to size for the motorhome windows. I told the young woman with a silver barbell stuck through her nose I want one of them to be 50 1/2 inches long. She wrote "Cut 50.5" on the box. So just making conversation I said "are you studying math or the sciences in college?" I went on further to mention most people would have written 50 1/2 instead of 50.5 inches. She said "Really? I'm still in highschool and I don't study anything".

Sharon nudged me and whispered "let it go dear just let it go" knowing I was dying to delve into the "I don't study anything" comment.
I’m over 70 and educated and I would have written 50.5. She was probably mocking you.
LaurenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:23 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlott2k View Post
Try asking for bacon on your egg McMuffin instead of sausage!
Since when do Egg Mcmuffins come with sausage?
Smokey3214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:29 PM   #41

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Hand anyone under 50 a " slide rule " and tell them they'll need it when the electronics all fail !
I still have my Dad’s pride and joy - an 18” bamboo K&E slide rule. I also have my cheap 12” aluminum Pickett rule that I used in college. I recall my senior year in college when the thermo prof walked in and said “gentlemen, and lady (this was the dark ages and we had 14 men and one woman in my graduating class) we are going back to your freshman year and review accuracy and precision. I’m tired of giving you problem data to 3 figures and getting answers back to 8.”

Turns out that the one female student had a boyfriend that worked at HP and he had given her a brand new (and $500 at a time when gas was 30 cents per gallon) HP 35 calculator. The rest of us made due with slide rules and we were really envious. When I graduated and had a real job, my first big purchase was an HP 45 - at a cost of 2 weeks salary.
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:32 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfryman View Post
Or the infamous "couple of": Is that 3?
Pretty sure that's 2, a few is 3
bammer4 is offline   Reply With Quote