RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-20-2018, 10:29 PM   #1

1968 Streamline Empress Ghost

When my late wife, Sherri, and I realized that our Fireball Class C wasn't going to serve our purpose, we sold it and bought a 1968 29' Streamline Empress travel trailer on eBay.

The kid we bought it from had bought it from his neighbor, the original owner, and had never gone to see it. The original owner and his wife took it to Canada every year for their fishing trips.

The original owner's wife passed away in the trailer on one of their trips. The old man took it on one more trip and then put it in an RV storage lot in SoCal, leaving absolutely everything in it, right down to the sheets and silverware. His neighbor kid who bought it, never went to go see it.

When Sherri and I drove down to get it, it was like walking into a time warp, and we loved it. All it needed was new tires and the wiring configured for our Suburban.

We took it down to Newport Beach in 2003, for a vintage trailer rally. Now, I have to say this upfront....I am a skeptic, when it comes to believing in ghosts. Our kids slept in the midship bunks and Sherri and I slept on the jackknife sofa in the living room.

In the middle of the night I was woken up by a violent shaking. My first thought was earthquake, but then I noticed that the only thing being shaken was me, and I got scared. I opened my mouth to yell, and something covered my mouth, preventing me from saying a word.

I was now officially freaked out and it took every ounce of effort to reach to the wall and turn on the light. When I did, the shaking stopped. My wife woke up and said, "What's going on?" When I told her, she gave me this look, like "Yeah, right". I didn't go back to sleep.

We left the next morning to go home. When we got home, Sherri started taking stuff inside, and I took the time to say, "I know you had special memories in this camper, and I'm sorry you're gone, but I promise you that we will take very good care of it, as long as we own it."

I never experienced another incident like that again. I can't say that it was the ghost of the old lady, but it was one helluva coincidence, because I have no explanation for what it could have been.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1968 29' Empress Regency_006.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	219904   Click image for larger version

Name:	1968 29' Empress Regency_013.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	219905  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1968 29' Empress Regency_014.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	219906   Click image for larger version

Name:	1968 29' Empress Regency_015.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	219907  

FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2018, 08:33 PM   #2

That is certainly an interesting story. Some things canít be explained and maybe for good reason.

G Schulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:57 PM   #3

Knowing how RVers are, I'd guess that you were woken for good reason.
Ndrorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:30 PM   #4

Dang....I'm still waiting for the punchline....

Spooky
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #5
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMoot View Post

Spooky
The title of this forum is:

"RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories"

This must be one of the "stories." There is no punchline.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Glad you calmed the old lady down!

At least she don't take up extra room!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:56 AM   #7

Don't let anyone change your mind on this subject....I bought a house in San Antonio some years ago....My girlfriend thought I was having bad dreams ,till she had her own experiences.......Ken
kenautoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMoot View Post

Spooky

I wish there had been one. I'm a skeptic, but I'm still at a loss, to this, day, to explain what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Glad you calmed the old lady down!

At least she don't take up extra room!

When we moved from California to Maryland, we stayed in it, until we closed on our new house....I never did sleep well in it. We ended up selling it and buying a 21' Sunline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenautoone View Post
Don't let anyone change your mind on this subject....I bought a house in San Antonio some years ago....My girlfriend thought I was having bad dreams ,till she had her own experiences.......Ken

Like I said, I'm a skeptic, but I just can't explain what happened that night. It still gives me the willies, when I think about it, because it was one of those frights that make you wet yourself.
FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:19 PM   #9

I lived on a tract of land that was once a southern plantation. Our house was in the area that the original slave quarters were built. Yea..... things can go bump in the night....
rollondown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:30 PM   #10

This caused me to remember the line "don't dabble with the spirits, you may unleash powers you can't control".

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote