Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:35 AM   #1

25 Adult Truths

1. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind-of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment when you know that you just aren'tgoing to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blu-ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes
to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

15. I think the freezer deserves alight as well.

16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday more kisses begin with Miller Light than Kay.

17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

22. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.

23. As soon as you find something at the grocery store that you really like, they will either move it or the company will discontinue it.

24. The driving of all the other people on the road has become markedly worse in the past few years.

25. The first testicular guard, the “Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.

Life just gets better as you get older, doesn't it?

And lastly:
I was in a Starbucks Coffee recently when my stomach started rumbling and I realized that I desperately needed to fart. The place was packed but the music was really loud so to get relief and reduce embarrassment I timed my farts to the beat of the music. After a couple of songs I started to feel much better. I finished my coffee and noticed that everyone was staring at me.
I suddenly remembered that I was listening to my iPod with headphones.... and how was your day???

This is what happens when old people start using technology!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2014, 11:49 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Bingo, I related to way more of these items that I ever thought I would. I don't know if that is good or bad......

Bob & Pearl
2007 Monaco Camelot 42' PDQ
2013 Lincoln MKX - Roadmaster Falcon 2 - RVi brake - TireSafe Guard TPMS
JRPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #3

......or more that I'll admit to!!
srrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:08 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Pertaining to #1, what the heck is a "watch". . . . .
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:09 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, at least one of the items on that list is not true as written (However it might be if one word was added)

Several others are far too true.

And on item 15: Mother in law had a chest freezer in the basement of her house and It HAD A LIGHT that came on when the lid was lifted.

I do not recall if the upright in my house's basement had lights or not.

But I agree with #15
Old 09-16-2014, 10:02 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
<font color="black">5. How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

Took 63 years, but I now know how:
Old 09-16-2014, 10:33 PM   #7
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMoose105 View Post

Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:27 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDriv View Post
1. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind-of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment when you know that you just aren'tgoing to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blu-ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes
to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

15. I think the freezer deserves alight as well.

16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday more kisses begin with Miller Light than Kay.

17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

22. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.

23. As soon as you find something at the grocery store that you really like, they will either move it or the company will discontinue it.

24. The driving of all the other people on the road has become markedly worse in the past few years.

25. The first testicular guard, the “Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.

Life just gets better as you get older, doesn't it?

And lastly:
Quote:
I was in a Starbucks Coffee recently when my stomach started rumbling and I realized that I desperately needed to fart. The place was packed but the music was really loud so to get relief and reduce embarrassment I timed my farts to the beat of the music. After a couple of songs I started to feel much better. I finished my coffee and noticed that everyone was staring at me.
I suddenly remembered that I was listening to my iPod with headphones..
.. and how was your day???

This is what happens when old people start using technology!!!

I can't quit laughing!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:21 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Old 09-20-2014, 09:37 PM   #10
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:

Only took me a few years......"Honey, would you please fold this sheet?" They get done perfectly.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:08 AM   #11

National RV Owners Club
That is great, except that #20 is wrong. The best way to merge two lanes into one is Zipper Merging by both lanes going forward to the merge point and taking turns. The biggest impediment to this is drivers who insist that other people merge early because they choose to. This slows down the merging.

Zipper Merge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merge_(traffic)
sfrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:55 PM   #12

No, the biggest impediment for a zipper merge is the idiots that INSIST that no one can get in front of them and ensure that the lane that needs to merge has no room to do so. That causes everything to grind to a halt.....
1996 Dodge CTD auto, #100 fuel plate,advanced timing, upgraded turbo, 2017 Forest River 365RK
MnTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:20 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
OP, Thank you for the laugh. So many apply to me, I just can't tell you which ones...just pick the most embarrassing ones. Loved it.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnTom View Post
No, the biggest impediment for a zipper merge is the idiots that INSIST that no one can get in front of them and ensure that the lane that needs to merge has no room to do so. That causes everything to grind to a halt.....
I agree. That is what I said.

sfrantz is offline   Reply With Quote