Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:58 PM   #15

Originally Posted by SlaterDoc View Post
Unless I recognize the number (TG for caller ID) or I am expecting a call from a new number, I always answer with "Homocide Division, Detective Miller(in honor of Barney), this call is being recorded!" For some reason a lot of callers say nothing and hang up!
I like that response.

Bob, Sandi & Marmaduke the Big Pug
SW OREGON 2004 Journey 39K, 330 Cat
If towing: a 2006 Mini Cooper or 1995 Wrangler
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2015, 07:09 PM   #16

In the days before " 911 " my parents phone # was one off from the RCMP detachment , they had to have it changed.

99DSDP 3884, Freightliner, XC, CAT 3126B, 300 HP /ALLISON 3060
2000 Caravan toad, Remco & Blue Ox.
Skip426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:23 PM   #17
A single guy that I worked with years ago was obsessed with a certain item of intimate female apparel. That all he would talk about during the day. One time I had to call him in the evening at home. As soon as he picked up the phone, I said "Hey Dennis, you got her ...... off yet?"

The next day at work he cursed me up and down. I asked him what was the matter, and he said "I was on speakerphone, and she was sitting right next to me."
2008 Itasca Meridian 37H & 2015 Flagstaff T12RBST
2011 & 2012 Len & Pat's "One lap of America"
27K miles & 41 states in 13 months - Woo Woo
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:48 PM   #18
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lets see in the last month we've been given at least 6 cruises. When they call and ask for my DW I just tell them that "She died last week." That's stops them.

TeJay (Tim) Auto Instructor 35 yrs (4-yrs USAF) Liz: RN/ WBGO 2014 Vista 30T/ F-53/ CHF/5-Star/Koni/Centramatics * Bella- Golden/Cocker mix & Louie-The cat / All Retired
TeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:47 AM   #19
My mom gets the "your husband asked me to call..."calls.

Been gone for many years...she replies "must be a miracle. .."
Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 06:29 PM   #20
I'm not very proud of this anymore, but it's still funny. When my wife and I were first married, and I would get a call from a solicitor, I would hand the phone to my 5 year old stepson and tell him, "Dude, this guy wants to talk to you about baseball", most of the companies never bothered to call back, and our stepson turned out fine.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Gary Larson
seaeagle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:06 PM   #21
Monaco Owners Club
I worked in the mining industry for +30 years. Once I achieved the roll of Mine Manager or above I was on call 24/7/365. I got lots of calls in the middle of the night and not one of them was "We are just calling to tell you everything is OK". In most cases there was an accident, fire, hoist down etc. Sometimes serious accidents.

Unfortunately my wives mother has no concept of time of day and will haphazardly call at all times of the night. Even though I'm retired my heart pounds for hours afterwards.
Jim J
2002 Monaco Windsor 38 PKD
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/5.7 Hemi
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:09 PM   #22
An Early Demise

My wife and I went to England and then on to Ireland for a 2 week vacation several years ago. The kids were all old enough to have jobs or school, so we thought 'Why not?'
The credit card was first denied in Ireland after 3 days in London. Fortunately, I had a back-up card and used it the remainder of the trip.
Upon arriving home, I received a letter from the first card company stating they were sorry for my demise and wanting to know who would pay off the balance.
It seems my youngest daughter grew tired of the card company calling to verify my purchases and told them- 'He's dead' and hung up.
I called the card company and said I don't feel so good, but I'm not dead yet, the checks in the mail.
steamyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 01:00 PM   #23
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
IN Battle Creek, Michigan, long time ago, Many ham radio operators had 2meter (VHF) FM radios.. They would take them out every six months or so, dust 'em off, Plug 'em in, put out a couple of calls, (CQ) get no answer and put 'em back on the shelf.

I got a 2 meter radio,, it was a Regency (forget the model) six channel crystal controlled I had it mounted on a quick disconnect bracket and had brackets in my car and on my nightstand (Effiency apartment) so it was nearly always near. Designed and built my own "House" power supply (Still have it, still works) Well the folks would take their radios out, Dust 'em off, Hook 'em up, Put out a calla and I'd answer. So they were not so fast to put 'em back on the shelf. Only took a few days and some of the folks who'd not yet put 'em away answered. and thus 2 Meters took off in B.C.

One night, long about oh-dark-thirty (somewhere in the 1am - 4am bracket) one ham going to drop off some stuff at the libaray put out a call.. I answered.. He apoligezed for waking me up.

"No problem, had to answer the radio" ...

I wound up helping found a repeater club, (there are now a number of repeaters in Battle Creek area) and last I knew 2 Meters was alive and well in that town. including one linked repeater that covers about half the lower part of Michigan via the various linked systems.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 01:12 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Phone rings one evening, soon as I answer the caller starts railing about their pizza delivery being late and not yet delivered. I apologized, and told the caller to tell the delivery person when he did get there the store manager said their pizza would be free and without charge... The caller was happy, said thanks, and hung up. I have always wondered how the conversation went when the delivery was made. (-:
Vince and Susan
2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH (Cummins ISC/Freightliner)
Flat towing a modified 2005 Jeep (Rubicon Wrangler)
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:38 PM   #25
Originally Posted by seaeagle2 View Post
I'm not very proud of this anymore, but it's still funny. When my wife and I were first married, and I would get a call from a solicitor, I would hand the phone to my 5 year old stepson and tell him, "Dude, this guy wants to talk to you about baseball", most of the companies never bothered to call back, and our stepson turned out fine.

Think about it: rather than getting a wrong number call in the wee hours, sometimes it's the right number and most of the time it's not good news.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum. 2014 Entegra DLQ
SonnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #26
sales calls

When my cousin gets sales call she puts her brother with down syndrome on the phone. All he can do is babble and they never seem to call again!!
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:32 PM   #27
Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
My son works nights in a local hospital ER ... he has no ideal what normal sleep times are..... he will text me at 1:15 am to see if want to go duck hunting in the morning... gg I had open heart surgery two years ago he'd text to see if I was sleeping ...lol

1995 Monaco Dynasty
32' B5.9 Banks, 6 speed Alison 3060
2008 HHR Panel toad
Pa Miller is online now   Reply With Quote