Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:20 PM   #1

4:30 AM Phone call

I was sound asleep when the phone rang at 4:30 AM, I got out of bed and answered it, it was a friend calling to ask if I wanted to Fishing. NO, I'm going back to bed. he says he's sorry if he woke me up, I said, "That's ok I had to get and answer the phone anyway"
kekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2015, 05:27 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Such a nice call, my response would have been entirely different and in 17 languages.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:32 PM   #3

I had a call at 2:30am once. I answered and the first thing I heard was "Where the F are you?" I said I was in bed. He said "Well you are f'n supposed to pick me up". I said where are you? And he said "At Mike's!" I said where? and he said "Mike's, downtown. You were supposed to pick me up!". I said Oh, sorry, I forgot. I will be there soon. I rolled over and went back to sleep. To this day I have no clue who they were.......
Old 04-30-2015, 07:34 PM   #4

At 4:30am if I'm still at home I'm late for work! I can take a half day off and be leaving work at 9:00 which still leaves a whole day to do whatever I want.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:01 PM   #5

When we first got a new phone number we used to get calls very late at night. The guy would ask if the coast was clear and I would say "How the hell do I know, I'm not a weatherman!!"
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:08 PM   #6

When basketball season started we would get a bunch of calls asking to talk to "coach". (wrong number)
I would tell the caller to get to his doctor right away. "Coach" just came home, told us he has AIDS, went right up to the bedroom. OMIGOD, was that a pistol shot??!! and then hang up. Calls stopped after two weeks.

Same type of thing with a girl constantly (and I do mean constantly) calling for Rick. No Rick here so I would tell her to get to a Doctor because Rick just found out she gave him an STD. OMIGOD, was that a shot?? then hang up. Calls stopped after a week or so.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:12 PM   #7

We were moving into a new home. The phone rang and it seems I was the only one unloading the truck. In a fit of anger (SOUNDS FAMILIAR, DOESN'T IT?) I picked up the phone and yelled "Sarah's H-house, we don't give a ---- for nothing. Silence for a few seconds, then a minister said he probably should call back at a better time. Never did!!
Old 04-30-2015, 10:22 PM   #8

When I was a 1SG, one of my troops called me from jail, late one night, after being picked up for DUI. My reply was 'good as I will know where you are when you do not show up for first formation'! He asked if I was going to come get him out of jail, to which I replied 'I am in not mood to come get you out of jail at this hour of the night and you might not like the extra duty that I would be handing out to you'!
I never got a call from any of my troops after that about being picked up for DUI.
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:03 AM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:41 AM   #10

We sometime get wrong number calls...

If they repeat then fair game.

If guy calling for girl state they are out with Jill and if girl asking for guy state they are out with Jack.

Seldom get another call.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:03 PM   #11

The calls We got just wouldn't let up. We would explain that no one by that name lives here and they have the wrong number. Didn't matter. The calls would continue, even more the same evening until after 1:00 AM.
After a week or so one gets pretty fed up with the idiots. You can't fix STUPID!!!
Old 05-01-2015, 03:57 PM   #12

we had a new Domino's Pizza open and there new phone number was one number off from ours, after 15 calls in one night I started taking orders, after about an hour waiting for there Pizzas the called back wanting to how much longer it take. I told them this is not Domino's, look it up, you have the wrong number. the New Domino's Mgr. called and got nasty about me taking orders, then told ME to get a new Number. haha about a month of me taking orders They got anew number.
kekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:08 AM   #13

When I lived with my mom and Dad, our number was one number either way from a local drive in diner and the local funeral home. I have taken many an order for hamburger steak plates and also got a lot of calls wanting to know when the body would be ready and what time was visitation. I never really messed with the funeral home calls but the diner was fair game.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:24 AM   #14

Unless I recognize the number (TG for caller ID) or I am expecting a call from a new number, I always answer with "Homocide Division, Detective Miller(in honor of Barney), this call is being recorded!" For some reason a lot of callers say nothing and hang up!
SlaterDoc is offline   Reply With Quote