Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:19 AM   #1

BBQ Rules::::::

BBQ RULES ::::::

It is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity . When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

(1) The woman buys the food.

(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.

(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.

Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

(6) The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery.

(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat.

Important again:
(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.

(10) After eating, the woman clears the table, does the dishes and brings the man another beer.

And most important of all:
(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ' her night off ', and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that after all he's done there is just no pleasing some women.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2015, 10:34 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
LOL,

I'm not THAT dumb am I???
uh, yeah I am.

bud01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:19 PM   #3

Your title should be grilling rules.

In competition BBQ I do even less. I sit at the table, somebody brings it to me, I tell them if its any good, and then go for ice cream on the way back to the campground.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:33 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Rules? I thought that was her job!
Old 09-18-2015, 02:40 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
good one
Old 09-19-2015, 07:43 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I thought it was "The man asks her how she enjoyed her night off?" then he doubled over in pain from she planted her foot. +
Old 09-19-2015, 09:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBQ View Post

It is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity . When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.

(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat.

Important again:

(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.

(10) After eating, the woman clears the table, does the dishes and brings the man another beer.

(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ' her night off ', and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that after all he's done there is just no pleasing some women.
not at my house. I wish it was
Old 09-21-2015, 07:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBQ View Post

Important again:

I realize this post was made with tongue firmly planted in cheek, but let me tell you how this works at our house:

Items 1,2 &3: No way the man allows the woman to do any of this. The selection of just the right piece of meat and the subsequent preparation of it before it hits either the grill or a BBQ is too important and too personal for anyone but the grill master or pit master to do. The side dishes must appropriately support and compliment the meat, so he does those too.

Item 4: the woman is thrilled to follow this rule as long as the man keeps her wine glass properly filled with her wine of choice.

Item 5: This is a given

Item 6: Ok, fair enough

Item 7: The woman will compliment the mans cooking, (his food is really good, BTW) but he is so happy, he gets his own beer and refills her wine glass.

Item 8: See items 1,2,&3

Item 9. Ok, she'll set the table, he is preparing the food for service, we are a team after all

Item 10: You're kidding right?

Item 11: Rightfully so

Item 12: night off from what?

Sorry, couldn't resist
Old 09-24-2015, 09:45 AM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote