Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
doc

Appalachian Campers
Bell Ringer

Guy goes up the priest at a large church. “Father I want to ring the bells for you”. Priest says. “Son that is a noble calling, but look at yourself – you have no arms”. “Father, I can do it, just give me a chance”. The priest is a kind man and agrees to give the poor guy a chance. They climb into the belfry and the priest says, “My son, here are the bells. They are very heavy and quite large. Do you really think you can ring them with no arms?” The guy insists he can and the priest bids him go ahead. The guy walks over to the first and largest bell and places his head against it. Pushing mightily, he tries and the bell begins to move slightly. Encouraged, he pushes harder and the bell swings a little. Now the guy is really trying and bangs his forehead into the bell – moving it even more. After repeated efforts, the bell is swinging and starts to ring. The guy is excited and continues banging the bell and it continues swinging further and further. Soon it is swinging further and harder than when even the rope is being pulled.
The guy turns to smile at the priest just as the bell swings back and catches him in full stroke, knocking him off his feet and out of the belfry. The guy crashes to the ground, dead. The priest hurries to the ground, some sixty feet below. A crowd has gathered and there is mumbling, wondering who this poor guy is. “Father”, they ask, “do you know his name?”
“No” replies the priest, “but his face sure rings a bell”.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
doc

Appalachian Campers
Same church same priest. Man comes to the priest wanting to ring the bells. Priest looks at him and agrees to give him a chance. “We had a bell ringer, but unfortunately he was killed in an accident” said the priest. “Yes Father, I know, he was my brother”. “Oh yes”, said the priest, “then you must ring the bells for him”. Like his brother, they climb to the belfry to look at the bells. Excited, the guy grabs a rope and starts pulling. The bells begin ringing and soon there is a cacophony of bells coming from the tower. This guy is so excited he continues to pull harder and harder. Suddenly, as the guy was pulling his hardest, the rope broke and the man stumbled backwards. He struck the edge of the window and tumbled backwards, falling to the ground and his death. Again the priest hurries to the ground to find the same gathering crowd.
“Father, who is he?” they ask.
The priest looks at the guy and says…”I don’t know his name, but he is a dead ringer for his brother”.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Stop! You're killin' me.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote