Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:43 AM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Best comeback #4

Conversation overheard on the VHF Guard (emergency) frequency 121.5 MHz while flying from Europe to Dubai .
Iranian Air Defense Site: 'Unknown aircraft, you are in Iranian airspace. Identify yourself.'
Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace.'
Air Defense Site: 'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace, we will launch interceptor aircraft!'
Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 Fighter. Send 'em up, I'll wait!'
Air Defense Site: (... Total silence)

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

There's nothing like carrying a big stick and knowing how to use it.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:52 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Kind of reminds me of a seen from the Movie Iron Eagle .. They are flying out of enemy air space into international air space, 2 (As I recall) enemy fighters on their tail when suddenly a full flight of craft appears on their forward radar... Just as they are thinking "We are out of stuff to throw at 'em" a voice comes on the radio identifying the oncoming flight.

Unidentified fighters, it appears you are pursuing a US aircraft in international air space with hostil intent,, This is (Identifies flight) Do you wish to engage?"

Suffice to say the enemy aircraft did not wish to engage.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Kind of reminds me of a seen from the Movie Iron Eagle .. They are flying out of enemy air space into international air space, 2 (As I recall) enemy fighters on their tail when suddenly a full flight of craft appears on their forward radar... Just as they are thinking "We are out of stuff to throw at 'em" a voice comes on the radio identifying the oncoming flight.

Unidentified fighters, it appears you are pursuing a US aircraft in international air space with hostil intent,, This is (Identifies flight) Do you wish to engage?"

Suffice to say the enemy aircraft did not wish to engage.

Yep, I like that!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:45 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The other one I liked was between the ground controller and the pilot of an American Air-liner at a German Airport.. The pilot was having problems navigating the somewhat confusing taxi instrustions..

The GC ask "Have you ever been here before"
The pilot: Just once, in 1942, but we just dropped some stuff off, didn't land.

In my life I have had to get between one of the traffic controllers or another and a pilot twice, (That is I relayed "Traffic" (radio messages) between the tower and the pilot)

Tower is ground and possibly approach control, by the way, Air Traffic control is usually not on the campus of an airport believe it or not, but in a building many miles away (They handle planes that have left the airport's control and are not yet where they are going).

Both times a radio failed on the aircraft and so I had to call the proper tower and relay... Thankfully.. I've had just exactly the minimum amount of training to know what to do in that situation. (Roughly 10 minutes for the average person).

I like the Aircraft stories best.