Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:20 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Here is a story told by Billy Bob about his campin adventure.

I had decided to go camping with a group of my favorite drinking buddies and my German Shepard to enjoy the great outdoors. After we got out of the plant on Friday, we loaded up the truck with all of our equipment and headed out on the road. After few stops for the necessities such a few cases of beer and canned food we had noticed that it was getting late. Being that it was past 10:00 PM when we pulled into the public campground, it was really dark. It was good thing that I had installed that off-road lighting package last weekend. Between the high-beams, the four lights on the roll-bar, and the Q-beam portable spotlight we had no trouble finding out spot amongst all of the other campers.
We started to set up camp. I started to throw some the equipment off of the back of the truck. My one buddy was supposed to catch them before they hit the ground. He didn't catch the bag of metal tent poles as well as he should have. Those poles sounded like a ten-lanes worth of bowling pins getting knocked down all at once. My buddy started cursing like sailor (he never stopped cursing the whole weekend either). We had never really set up a camp before so we weren't done until midnight. Don't know where the dog went.

It was time to relax. We decided to build a fire. There was a log nearby. A few cuts with the chainsaw and we had all the wood we could need for the evening. We dumped the rest of the fuel from the chainsaw onto the logs, threw a match and we roasting marshmallows in less than a minute. The beers were all iced up and ready to go but there wasn't any tunes. It seems that my one buddy was supposed to pack batteries for the flashlight and radio. No problem ... The boom box had a cord and I had a generator. I dug out the two 500 watt drop lights and nailed each of them to an old-growth tree. That 10 HP Briggs & Stratton had no problem keeping the site lit and the tunes going. The boom box had no trouble getting past the din from the generator. We told dirty jokes, spit in the fire, and played with the dog (who knows where he was for the past three hours). We had emptied at least two cases by 3:00 AM before we hit the sack. Thanks to government cut-backs there was no annoying visits from the ranger.

We got up at the crack of noon to get the day started. My one buddy had walked through several other people's camp sites to use the camp shower. .I relieved myself in the nearby bushes (which was technically on somebody else site) since the camp bathroom was several sites over ... not worth the walk. It is all bio-degradable anyway. I poured some more gas into the generator (it was going strong when I dosed off last night) and it started again with no problems. One tank will last about seven hours.

We ate some brunch and started on the rest of the beer. It is amazing how much trash can pile up in such a short period of time. Good thing that the dog found someone else's site to do his business. We had all agreed to throw the beer bottles farther into the woods so that we would not be impacted by extra trash. The empty beer bottles turned out to be a positive thing since my one buddies brought his BB-Gun and we had plenty of other things to shoot at once all the local squirrels and birds were shot. Sure glad that we brought out ATV. Tree saplings, bushes, and wildlife were no match for this very able machine.

After the beer was gone, so were we (never did pay for the site). The ranger can clean up the mess since that is his job anyway ... Right?

I remember that there was some wording at the rangers office that read "No Alcoholic Beverages, No excessive noise, No littering, No ATVs, ect." I'm sure that it was just a suggestion anyway. My tax dollars are paying for the right to camp here so we should all be able to enjoy it any way we want.

Although we all had a good time We felt that the other campers weren't the friendliest. I thought that camping was supposed to make you more relaxed. They seemed to be real angry all the time. Maybe that is how all campers must be. It is too bad that they couldn't just loosen up and enjoy themselves as much as we did.

We will all be back real soon.

BillyBob

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2005, 01:20 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Here is a story told by Billy Bob about his campin adventure.

I had decided to go camping with a group of my favorite drinking buddies and my German Shepard to enjoy the great outdoors. After we got out of the plant on Friday, we loaded up the truck with all of our equipment and headed out on the road. After few stops for the necessities such a few cases of beer and canned food we had noticed that it was getting late. Being that it was past 10:00 PM when we pulled into the public campground, it was really dark. It was good thing that I had installed that off-road lighting package last weekend. Between the high-beams, the four lights on the roll-bar, and the Q-beam portable spotlight we had no trouble finding out spot amongst all of the other campers.
We started to set up camp. I started to throw some the equipment off of the back of the truck. My one buddy was supposed to catch them before they hit the ground. He didn't catch the bag of metal tent poles as well as he should have. Those poles sounded like a ten-lanes worth of bowling pins getting knocked down all at once. My buddy started cursing like sailor (he never stopped cursing the whole weekend either). We had never really set up a camp before so we weren't done until midnight. Don't know where the dog went.

It was time to relax. We decided to build a fire. There was a log nearby. A few cuts with the chainsaw and we had all the wood we could need for the evening. We dumped the rest of the fuel from the chainsaw onto the logs, threw a match and we roasting marshmallows in less than a minute. The beers were all iced up and ready to go but there wasn't any tunes. It seems that my one buddy was supposed to pack batteries for the flashlight and radio. No problem ... The boom box had a cord and I had a generator. I dug out the two 500 watt drop lights and nailed each of them to an old-growth tree. That 10 HP Briggs & Stratton had no problem keeping the site lit and the tunes going. The boom box had no trouble getting past the din from the generator. We told dirty jokes, spit in the fire, and played with the dog (who knows where he was for the past three hours). We had emptied at least two cases by 3:00 AM before we hit the sack. Thanks to government cut-backs there was no annoying visits from the ranger.

We got up at the crack of noon to get the day started. My one buddy had walked through several other people's camp sites to use the camp shower. .I relieved myself in the nearby bushes (which was technically on somebody else site) since the camp bathroom was several sites over ... not worth the walk. It is all bio-degradable anyway. I poured some more gas into the generator (it was going strong when I dosed off last night) and it started again with no problems. One tank will last about seven hours.

We ate some brunch and started on the rest of the beer. It is amazing how much trash can pile up in such a short period of time. Good thing that the dog found someone else's site to do his business. We had all agreed to throw the beer bottles farther into the woods so that we would not be impacted by extra trash. The empty beer bottles turned out to be a positive thing since my one buddies brought his BB-Gun and we had plenty of other things to shoot at once all the local squirrels and birds were shot. Sure glad that we brought out ATV. Tree saplings, bushes, and wildlife were no match for this very able machine.

After the beer was gone, so were we (never did pay for the site). The ranger can clean up the mess since that is his job anyway ... Right?

I remember that there was some wording at the rangers office that read "No Alcoholic Beverages, No excessive noise, No littering, No ATVs, ect." I'm sure that it was just a suggestion anyway. My tax dollars are paying for the right to camp here so we should all be able to enjoy it any way we want.

Although we all had a good time We felt that the other campers weren't the friendliest. I thought that camping was supposed to make you more relaxed. They seemed to be real angry all the time. Maybe that is how all campers must be. It is too bad that they couldn't just loosen up and enjoy themselves as much as we did.

We will all be back real soon.

BillyBob

Old 11-22-2005, 02:29 PM   #3
doc

Appalachian Campers
I may have camped beside these guys a few years ago when we were tent camping. Is this the same group that had their tent catch on fire when they were all inside asleep? The same bunch with the generator that the oil plug worked loose while it was running? The same bunch riding the 4 wheeler that ran over the roofing nails the carpenter had spilled while working on the shower roof?
I'll bet it is!! Dangest bunch of bad luck I had seen in a while. Some 'hunter' up in the woods let a round go, quite accidently I'm sure, and took out both windows of the pickup and a second round that took out two of the lights on the roll bar.
Likeable bunch, but they didn't stay but one night. Never did figure how the cocacola got spilled in the fuel for their chain saw.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:30 PM   #4

If you continue to spread all these things that my buddies do when we go camping, I will seek a lawyer and demand a cut of the proceeds. Why do you find it funny to talk about our camping trips? You asked us to move, but none of us were in a condition to drive. I am still trying to figure out what we do wrong on our camping trips according to you ?
Old 11-22-2005, 03:44 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sounds like some poor old redneck fellers out to have a good time.... They could have been from east Texas, Louisana or Oklahoma.

Hey, as long as they were willing to share the liquid refreshments, sounds like good neighbors to me...

Ken
Old 11-24-2005, 02:28 PM   #6

LOLOL..

The last American heros---go camping!!
Old 11-25-2005, 10:44 AM   #7

We had a neighbor camping next to us with a four wheeler and a woods bike and I happened to overhear that they were running low on fuel and b****ing how it was too late to run to town so I accidently left a full 5 gallon fuel can out. I thought they'd know what diesel smelled like, guess not. Quiet the rest of the weekend...

Grumpy Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 04:10 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Dave, shame on you for taking advantage of the poor ol' boys. Shoot they were just out to have some fun...I think I would have added some sugar to that can of diesel just for insurance.

Ken