Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-04-2007, 09:33 AM   #1
doc

Appalachian Campers
Got a letter today from my friend Lonnie Oswald Loudermilk. We just call him Bubba. Bubba is new to the Rving world and he is keeping me informed of what is going on.

Hey doc,
Setting here waiting on supper and figured I would let you know what just happened. Made me mad, but I kept my cool like you always told me to do when things don't go right.

We were sitting around the campfire in the WalMart parking lot when this guy in a new looking MH drives up and proceeds to park near us. This space is ours and had been for three days. He pulled so close he nearly hit my awning and the lounge chair my wife had been sitting in not ten minutes earlier. Thank goodness she had gotten up to dump the gray water and was not there.
Now before you guys get all excited let me explain that we don't dump black water out on the asphalt like we do the gray water. We are very careful to make sure all the black water goes in the drain when we dump there.
I might also offer a little bit of advice. Don't park beside the drain you put the black water in. There will still be odors coming from it, especially after you are there a couple or three days in hot weather.

Now folks have told us how friendly RVers are, but we have found that not to be the case at all. No one wants to sit around the campfire with us. We have our Budweiser can awning lights up and they look pretty cool if I do say so. I made them myself. I have to run the Coleman generator when we have the lights on, but that's OK. This thing came off my job where I am a roofer and is 14 horse power. It can run the window unit air conditioner in the trailer, the lights and my outside stereo. My stereo, I am so proud of it. This thing has over 200 watts per channel and when we put on the Hank Jr. tape, it is almost like being at the concert.
Anyway, back to my generator. It smokes a little and I am going to get a new muffler for it. I bought it at a pawnshop a while back. I used to try to pull out the heavy cord for the trailer plug, but now I just use a cord with double plugs. I put one in the generator and then just plug the other in the outside receptacle on the side of the trailer. Got to be sort of careful doing that, cause I laid the cord down to get another beer and Sparky sniffed it (cord fell in the bacon grease before we dumped it in the drain) and licked the end. Well, for a minute or two his name really fit him!! Got to remember to plug everything in before I crank the generator next time.

Well doc, I got to go and check on the steaks we got broiling. Using charcoal this time. We were camped at the construction site a while back and grilled some on the campfire. They sure had a funny taste. One thing about it though, them cross ties will burn a long time and are not that hard to light.

I'll write you again in a few days and let you know how we making it in Canada. Gonna try to shoot me a bear with either my 9mm auto or my .44 magnum 6 inch revolver.

Oh yeah, the guy that almost hit my awning...he must have just stopped to go to the bathroom, he left in about 10 minutes.

Your friend,
Bubba
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2007, 09:33 AM   #2
doc

Appalachian Campers
Got a letter today from my friend Lonnie Oswald Loudermilk. We just call him Bubba. Bubba is new to the Rving world and he is keeping me informed of what is going on.

Hey doc,
Setting here waiting on supper and figured I would let you know what just happened. Made me mad, but I kept my cool like you always told me to do when things don't go right.

We were sitting around the campfire in the WalMart parking lot when this guy in a new looking MH drives up and proceeds to park near us. This space is ours and had been for three days. He pulled so close he nearly hit my awning and the lounge chair my wife had been sitting in not ten minutes earlier. Thank goodness she had gotten up to dump the gray water and was not there.
Now before you guys get all excited let me explain that we don't dump black water out on the asphalt like we do the gray water. We are very careful to make sure all the black water goes in the drain when we dump there.
I might also offer a little bit of advice. Don't park beside the drain you put the black water in. There will still be odors coming from it, especially after you are there a couple or three days in hot weather.

Now folks have told us how friendly RVers are, but we have found that not to be the case at all. No one wants to sit around the campfire with us. We have our Budweiser can awning lights up and they look pretty cool if I do say so. I made them myself. I have to run the Coleman generator when we have the lights on, but that's OK. This thing came off my job where I am a roofer and is 14 horse power. It can run the window unit air conditioner in the trailer, the lights and my outside stereo. My stereo, I am so proud of it. This thing has over 200 watts per channel and when we put on the Hank Jr. tape, it is almost like being at the concert.
Anyway, back to my generator. It smokes a little and I am going to get a new muffler for it. I bought it at a pawnshop a while back. I used to try to pull out the heavy cord for the trailer plug, but now I just use a cord with double plugs. I put one in the generator and then just plug the other in the outside receptacle on the side of the trailer. Got to be sort of careful doing that, cause I laid the cord down to get another beer and Sparky sniffed it (cord fell in the bacon grease before we dumped it in the drain) and licked the end. Well, for a minute or two his name really fit him!! Got to remember to plug everything in before I crank the generator next time.

Well doc, I got to go and check on the steaks we got broiling. Using charcoal this time. We were camped at the construction site a while back and grilled some on the campfire. They sure had a funny taste. One thing about it though, them cross ties will burn a long time and are not that hard to light.

I'll write you again in a few days and let you know how we making it in Canada. Gonna try to shoot me a bear with either my 9mm auto or my .44 magnum 6 inch revolver.

Oh yeah, the guy that almost hit my awning...he must have just stopped to go to the bathroom, he left in about 10 minutes.

Your friend,
Bubba
Old 08-05-2007, 04:32 PM   #3

Bubba should of jist gottin him one of the FHU sites and then he wouldn't of had to be a toten that big ole jenny around. But, I'll bet being a good RVer he at least bought the charcoal from Wal-Mart. Ken,'04 DSDP.

P.S. I am the guy that just stopped to go to the bathroom-sorry about almost hitting our awning...
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:58 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
doc;

Does Bubba have a brother that lives in Wisconsin? Just maybe it was Bubba himself traveling through.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I think someone should advise Bubba to purchase a bullet proof vest soon to help extend his camping life style.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:39 AM   #5
doc

Appalachian Campers
Nope, Bubba is from Hahira, Georgia. Now he might have some relatives up that way. His daddy traveled a lot during the early years of his life. Those northern ladies just loved to hear the voice of a good ole Southern boy, ya'll.

Bubba is enroute to Alaska right now, but danged if what he said is true, he may not make it. Waiting on the next letter.