Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:52 PM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I can't stop laughing!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2015, 07:12 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
I asked the nurse who assisted the Doctor on my first colonoscopy when I was wake if she was going call the next morning after being so intimate.

She dump me, she never called.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
The procedure itself is a cakewalk. Because you're sound asleep. You wake up wondering when they are going to begin.

Now that said, the prep is a nightmare just as described. I agree about the vodka. Maybe not a good idea if you're not an experienced drinker of adult libations.

The brand of prep I used was "Golytely" as in Go Lightly. The person that named that stuff is definitely a prankster. I'm certain my backside lifted off the bowl many times.

The stuff is not great tasting, but the consistency of it is like what you would imagine drinking Elmers glue with cream of wheat mixed in. I toss in some Crystal Light lemonade to make it more palatable. I use less fluid (less of the nasty to drink) but drink enough plain water so that the fluid levels remain the same.

Men (and yes ladies too) do NOT put off having this done every few years. My grandfather was diagnosed with colon cancer and to save him the had to remove a few miles of plumbing. He spent the next decade wearing jumpsuit and a plastic bag on his side for a discharge line. Get the test, catch it early and keep all your plumbing in tact. DW will love you for it.

Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:43 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Too funny and painfully real account...glad they now have a slower prep, so what's to fear??? At least you get to enjoy the actual colonoscopy part
Late arrival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:24 PM   #19

I had that letter from about 25 years ago. One of the guys had it, made a bunch of copies for everyone in the dept. I think I even copied it to a post on irv2.com long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryl View Post
To Cooperhawk, I've had it done 2 or 3 times over the last 20 years and really, you don't even know when they do it. As this guy states, the worst part is your own imagination . And or course the 'prep'.

This is something that everybody should do after 50. Also get your shingles shot, NOW. My best friend got shingles (on his head and face) in March 2013 and is still suffering the effects of it.
Not my last one. I sat in a wheelchair for hours after having the colonoscopy waiting for X-rays to be taken,developed, read, and the Dr. notified of the results after the Dr. suspected he perforated my intestines with the machine. It didn't help that the X-ray dept. forgot about me sitting there in that corner for 4 hours. I was so drugged-up I didn't realize what was happening. My wife began raising he&^% at the Dr. office and he phoned to check up on me.

Shingles shots, not me. I've had measles as a child and shingles when I was 52. They broke out from my armpits to my hips,completely around by body; and I never missed a day of work. Painful sure, but not deadly like typhoid. How does a vaccine protect you from something(measles virus) you've already got in your system?
Sounds like the gvt. should be focusing on getting the illegals measles shots.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:59 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I had that letter from about 25 years ago. One of the guys had it, made a bunch of copies for everyone in the dept. I think I even copied it to a post on irv2.com long ago.

Not my last one. I sat in a wheelchair for hours after having the colonoscopy waiting for X-rays to be taken,developed, read, and the Dr. notified of the results after the Dr. suspected he perforated my intestines with the machine. It didn't help that the X-ray dept. forgot about me sitting there in that corner for 4 hours. I was so drugged-up I didn't realize what was happening. My wife began raising he&^% at the Dr. office and he phoned to check up on me.

Shingles shots, not me. I've had measles as a child and shingles when I was 52. They broke out from my armpits to my hips,completely around by body; and I never missed a day of work. Painful sure, but not deadly like typhoid. How does a vaccine protect you from something(measles virus) you've already got in your system?
Sounds like the gvt. should be focusing on getting the illegals measles shots.
Ray, shingles are a result of having had chicken pox, not measles. And for some people, the pain is incredible!!! The herpes simplex virus that remains dormant in your system after having had chicken pox can continue to be surpressed by a vaccine. It isn't 100% guaranteed, but after watching what my step mom went thru, I will chance the vaccine, thank you!!
AZGypsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:50 AM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Ray, I agree with AZGypsie, the resulting effects of the shingles that my Friend got were devastating. He had to go to Johns Hopkins for his eyes, it brought on Bells palsy that is still with him, it kept him from work for over 6 months and he still is not completely 100%. It's almost 2 years now.

As soon as he called me and ordered me to get the shot, I did. People who get it around their waist and/or back are lucky compared to getting it on your head and around your eyes. I don't want to take that chance!!
Gerryl is offline   Reply With Quote