Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-21-2004, 05:32 AM   #1

On I70 around Debuqe, CO on my way home to Grand Junction running about 75mph in our car, I was passed by a older Bounder with a tag axel like I was going the other way. And to top it off I could see several children running around inside.

Another instance in the same area, same speed, same car, just before a 3 day weekend. I was passed by a Ford F350 Crew Cab diesel with 6 adults in the cab, pulling a 28 ft fifth wheel with a 28foot Cuddy cabin boat.

Talking to a Garfield County deputy a year or so ago, he told me the average speed in that area is over 90mph.

Accidents looking for a place to happen and generally the innocent are the ones how pay.

PabloL

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2004, 05:32 AM   #2

On I70 around Debuqe, CO on my way home to Grand Junction running about 75mph in our car, I was passed by a older Bounder with a tag axel like I was going the other way. And to top it off I could see several children running around inside.

Another instance in the same area, same speed, same car, just before a 3 day weekend. I was passed by a Ford F350 Crew Cab diesel with 6 adults in the cab, pulling a 28 ft fifth wheel with a 28foot Cuddy cabin boat.

Talking to a Garfield County deputy a year or so ago, he told me the average speed in that area is over 90mph.

Accidents looking for a place to happen and generally the innocent are the ones how pay.

PabloL

Old 07-21-2004, 03:14 PM   #3

I see it every day. I drive a tanker up & down I-5 in Oregon. Fortuneatly I was ahead of this one & didn't here about it until I got home.
Two cars tried to beat a semi to a construction zone where it narrowed down to one lane. The truck driver slamed on his brakes trying to avoid the cars but made contact with both the motorhome behind couldn't stop in time & rear ended the semi trailer. The man driveing the motorhome was killed & his wife in critical cond. The ones that caused the whole thing had minor injuries, truck driver was not hurt. I feel the drivers of the two cars that were raceing to get around the truck should be charged with vehicelier man slaughter.
There is so much lack of consideration for others & human life out there I just hope I can servive until I retire in ten yrs.

TankerYanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:26 PM   #4

After driving a DP, I now know what you truckers go through. Not on the scale as I do not drive the miles you do but see the same idiots who will have 10-30 vehicles behind them and will never consider pulling over to let faster traffic by.

Been cut off in constructions zones, had a gal on a cell phone try to get my Jeep to move over in L.A. for over a mile before she realized it was hooked to the motorhome. Got rear ended by a Neon in our Jeep (fortunately on its own) and the first words out of her mouth while she was still on the phone was "{You'll never guess what happened to my new car?".

We all make dumb mistakes now and then but most of these self centered, igotistical idots need to slow down a bit and practice a little kindness.

And this jumping lanes to beat the person up front has sure killed a lot of people and generally the complete idiot that jumped goes on their way without knowing the disaster, pain, and financial loss they left in their wake. That was a contributing factor in our accident and the Police never caught the guy.

Enjoy
Paul
Old 08-24-2004, 04:58 PM   #5

Anyone who drives a squad car for a living will tell you about the "halo" effect that a marked cruiser has. A car will come up behind you and "POOF", there is a halo about their head. Only a driver ed teacher could be prouder of this wonderful example of a 'motorist'. You turn off, and "POOF"the halo disappears, horns grow out, and suddenly there is a maniac in a red suit doing warp 9 down the freeway.

Smurf764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:02 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TankerYanker:
I see it every day. I drive a tanker up & down I-5 in Oregon. Fortuneatly I was ahead of this one & didn't here about it until I got home.
Two cars tried to beat a semi to a construction zone where it narrowed down to one lane. The truck driver slamed on his brakes trying to avoid the cars but made contact with both the motorhome behind couldn't stop in time & rear ended the semi trailer. The man driveing the motorhome was killed & his wife in critical cond. The ones that caused the whole thing had minor injuries, truck driver was not hurt. I feel the drivers of the two cars that were raceing to get around the truck should be charged with vehicelier man slaughter.
There is so much lack of consideration for others & human life out there I just hope I can servive until I retire in ten yrs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm I see a DTR Migration.. LOL Hi Neighbor o/

this is RamLovingVet

Apple Hill RV Park Brookings Oregon
Scott and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:23 AM   #7

Scott, You ain't the "only" one here from DTR!!
Tom
1996 Dodge CTD auto, #100 fuel plate,advanced timing, upgraded turbo, 2017 Forest River 365RK
MnTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:27 AM   #8

Just like old home week even RustyJC is here.
RamLovingVetoverandout

Apple Hill RV Park Brookings Oregon
Scott and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:56 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and where is the State Patrol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To whom it may concern.... Due to the bad press, constant gripes, donut jokes, overall grumpiness of the public, low pay, ect... we have taken our toys and gone home! Just kidding
Old 02-22-2005, 06:19 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Two Bit:
.....donut jokes..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>MMMMM...DONUTS!! Robert, I thought donuts were just a fringe benefit!

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 07:07 AM   #11

No, not a fringe benefit...Donuts are one of the major food groups.

Wait, that was another donut joke!

Gotta go now and buy donuts forthwith for tonight, then put on my short sleeve shirt and a tie so I can watch the next to last episode of NYPD Blue. I hear they are finally going to put Andy in charge of the squad (about time). After next week maybe Andy will retire and be on an RV show (with donuts).
Old 02-22-2005, 09:06 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you get chocolate covered donuts you will get your portion of vegatables for the day. Chocolate comes from cocoa BEANS and beans are a vegtable....right?

Ken