Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-03-2014, 05:06 AM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Funny story:

In the early 80's I moved to from the Mid-West to Alabama to a new job managing a Forge Shop. Most of the employees had incomplete education and joined the workforce from rural areas, plus more than a few had hearing problems based on their occupation and lack of using good hearing protection.

I was having one H... of a time understanding them, I was constantly having people repeat to me, and they started yelling or talking loud to me, thinking I was also partially deaf. So I called a between shift meeting, of all, to explain I was not deaf, but was just learning the local dialect. They quickly informed me that I talked too fast and they could not understand me, things got better for all us then.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2014, 03:00 PM   #30

bless your heart means you so stupid in the south i know i lived in atlanta.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:56 PM   #31

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronin069 View Post
bless your heart means you so stupid in the south i know i lived in atlanta.
I have lived my entire life in the south. At least south of Atlanta,
Bless your heart can mean: " Boy you are not too smart."

OR

It can be a term of endearment., as in "We care about you."

You have to listen closely to the tone in which it is said if you don't know the speaker well.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
How about "Raise the window down". If it's down, or if its up I can figure it out. What do you do if it is in the middle?
Wetsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #33

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
How about jeatyet meaning have you eaten yet. Yontoo meaning do you want to.
Mayonnaise is not just for your sandwich. Mayonnaise a lot of folks here,meaning man theres a lot of people here
planojeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:43 PM   #34

Speak southern? Y'all better betcha! Being raised in the deep south is probably one of the main reasons I can't spell. Can't do phonics if the words are not pronounced right. I always spelled "lawn" as "lawnd" .
Dick Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:05 PM   #35

Northern fairy tale vs. a southern fairy tale

What's the difference between a northern fairy tale, and a southern one?

Northern fairy tale starts out " once upon a time"

Southern fairy tale starts out " ya'all ain't gonna believe this shoot" ( cleaned up for public consumption)
Dillon_fwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:45 AM   #36

One thing many Southerners have in common with Italians is we talk with our hands. But the difference is, the Southerner has a cigarette in one hand and a Budweiser in the other. ;-)
LeeRevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:42 PM   #37

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeRevell View Post
One thing many Southerners have in common with Italians is we talk with our hands. But the difference is, the Southerner has a cigarette in one hand and a Budweiser in the other. ;-)
That ain't all bad!!
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:53 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeRevell View Post

That reminds me of a good joke called a Southern Vasectomy.

After having their 11th child, an Alabama couple decided that was enough (they could not afford a larger double wide). So, the husband went to his doctor (who also treated mules) and told him that he and his wife/cousin didn't want to have any more children.

The doctor told him that there was a procedure called a vasectomy that could fix the problem. The doctor instructed him to go home, get a cherry bomb (fireworks are legal in Alabama), light it, put it in a beer can, then hold the can up to his ear and count to 10.

The Alabamian said to the doctor, "I may not be the smartest man, but I don't see how putting a cherry bomb in a beer can next to my ear is going to help me."

So, the couple drove to Georgia to get a second opinion.

The Georgia physician was just about to tell them about the procedure for a vasectomy when he noticed that they were from Alabama. The doctor instead told the man to go home and get a cherry bomb, light it, place it in a beer can, hold it to his ear and count to 10.

Figuring that both learned physicians couldn't be wrong, the man went home, lit a cherry bomb and put it in a beer can. He held the can up to his ear and began to count. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5 . . . .," at which point he paused, placed the beer can between his legs and resumed counting on his other hand.

This medical procedure also works in Tennessee, West Virginia, Kentucky, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and some parts of Florida and Texas.

BTW, I had my vasectomy performed in a doctors office back in 1970 by a doctor named Dr. Stopp. It worked!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:49 PM   #39

I don't like this here thread. It's apissinmeoff
vol445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:43 PM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Southern talk? As a native Texan ah used to could, but now that dog don't hunt so I'm fixin to go sloppin down at the tank!
Old 12-18-2014, 05:57 AM   #41

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Famous last words in the south (ANd north)

Here, Hold my beer and WATCH THIS....

Seriously.. I'm parked in the south (S.E. Georgia) for the foreseeable future. (1-4 years) so I can appreciate that list.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:09 AM   #42

To quote Jeff Foxworthy "witchaditcha". "You didn't bring your truck witchaditcha?
ChrisW0614 is offline   Reply With Quote