Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #1

Dogs and Kids

So, Iím out at the park this weekend with my dog. He is good with kids. One morning I'm standing next to a young woman named Kari and talking with her mom. Kari has 2 kids. I have the dog on a leash, he is off to my right and Kari and her kids are on my right too. I'm not paying too much attention as she makes the youngest child (about 2 years old) a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Out of the corner of my eye; and yet not in time to stop it; I see the child take a bite of the sandwich and then,,, offer the dog the next bite. Before I could react the dog took a small bite off the end of the sandwich. Everyone shouted NOOO all at the same time. But, it was too late. The kid dropped the sandwich out of shock and the dog looked at me like "What The Heck"? "She offered it to me what was I supposed to do"? I scolded the dog but, not too bad. What do you expect he's a dog? If you offer him people food he's going to take it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #2

You reacted to quickly. The dog was scolded for taking a bite of a sandwich that this child offered him. Of course he's going to take it unless someone see's it ans says to him no

Old 05-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #3

Sorry sent too quickly.... I was saying the dog only took it because he was offered the sandwich. Many a child have shared there food quietly with there pets, and most of the time no harm comes to the children as far as illness.. It's all part of growing up we have all done it as a child... Very often animals are told off at the wrong time... I have children and dogs,and both have been brought up together and sometimes sharing food without there parents knowing. It's all part of growing up I think. No harm was done.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #4

No, no harm was done. I did it with my dog when I was a kid. I guess I thought it was the typical fun reaction between dogs and kids.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #5

I totally agree with you..there's nothing more beautiful then children and pets. Even Grownups and there pets..lol how we love them.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Funny stuff. That's one of those situations where you "scold" your dog but lightly... and give him a wink at the same time.

Nothing can be done to keep kids, dogs, and peanut butter apart.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #7

Very Nicely put. ha ha
Old 05-13-2013, 11:37 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
My DW had a horse that would do that, we were doing a patrol for our Sheriffs department in a local park and came across some folks eating a ham and cheese sandwich, they got it a little close and he got it. You wouldn't think a horse would eat meat, but he would, pastrami was one of his favorites.

Dennis
DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #9

I give Sadie a finger full of peanut butter, just to watch her do this:

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I give Sadie a finger full of peanut butter, just to watch her do this:

My last dog was a picky eater. And, if he ate the wrong thing he would get a upset stomach. This dog will eat anything. Anything that drops on the floor that people will eat he will eat too. I have to be careful what I drop. The only problem I've found so far is that when he is outside he will chew on sticks. That's fine but, he eats the wood and the pukes it back up a while later. I do think he is starting to learn not to do that though on his own.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Big fish

My DW and I used to have several big acquariums. One of them had a couple of big Ocsars (about 8 inches each) that were trained to be fed by hand. Her Avon lady came over with about a 5 year old boy who immediately stuck his fingers in the tank.

I asked him not to do that. My wife asked him not to do that. Then my wife told the Avon lady to get him away from the tank, more than once! When she finally got up to drag the kid away one of the Osars did what they do. Wham! Such screaming you've never heard! Then the Avon lady started screaming at me for harboring piranhas! Oscars don't have much in the way of teeth. Pity that.

Hey, we tried several times......
Old 05-14-2013, 11:13 PM   #12

There was a time when Sadie wouldn't eat raw mushrooms, but I think she is over that now.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
There was a time when Sadie wouldn't eat raw mushrooms, but I think she is over that now.
especially if they are smothered in bacon.